A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

you are kidding right? tell the corps to kick him the hell out and not be around at shows! The law has rules he had to follow, and he broke them. good lord man. Imagine if he had done something at one of those shows. 

Some corps directors have responded. Some have hidden behind "the new guidelines". In the past they didn't respond, even when using the DCW ID badge.

I am truly mystified you think Dan should have done nothing knowing the law was being broken when this guy was performing in DCI shows.

Help me out here.  What law was Morgan Larson breaking while with the Kilties?

I am currently under the impression there was no law being broken, because if there was, people would/could/should have gone straight to law enforcement instead of writing letters to Dan Acheson, Gil Silva or Scott Stewart.

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

Help me out here.  What law was Morgan Larson breaking while with the Kilties?

I am currently under the impression there was no law being broken, because if there was, people would/could/should have gone straight to law enforcement instead of writing letters to Dan Acheson, Gil Silva or Scott Stewart.

Convicted sexual predator in proximity to minors, as well as being on school campuses.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So the head of a youth activity might know about predators in one or more group but he’s not allowed to do or say anything to protect said youths? If that is truly DCIs defense in not even opening their mouths to protect the kids well... you just moved me into the burn it to the ground and start over again camp.

seriuosly DA didn’t have the ability to bring it up at a meeting without the board saying it’s ok to talk about it?

phrase “just following orders” comes to mind....

Head of youth activity is alerted to predators, confers with his Board.

His Board, via whatever communications avenue available to them, convened and/or summarily decided that Dan's response was to alert the corps and then let the director take further action according to the corps' counsel/board/staff.  

Sure, Dan can, and probably did, bring it up to the voting membership.  They then decided as board members whether or not to address the issue and, if so, how.

Once they decided, then informed Dan to "...take this course..."

"...just following orders..." is surprisingly accurate when you understand the governance structure of DCI.

43 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Gee darn Garf, the facts keep rolling up in my favor. It's ok though. You feel your way. I know reporters know because I was called and asked about it, and really at that time, only knew what was posted on here. So in my spare time i have done some digging. Very enlightening information found too, that I'm sure is bound to come out some day. I won't do an I told you so though. And in fact, I have defended Dan A multiple times over the Stuart Rice thing, because he presented nothing with any facts, names, times, dates, etc. Dan had that and more.

No they don't, Jeff, because you keep shooting at the target OVER THERE when the actual target is OVER HERE.  You have presented NO FACTS about what Dan was to do.  You have no facts about who he consulted, and you have no facts about what, if anything, he was instructed to do.  Simply, besides the "open secret" of the time, you have no facts.  And you should not skewer a man and his career and dedication without facts, period.

Nobody is contending the seriousness of the charge against the predators.  And your presumptions are just that.  They're not facts and you've not presented any alternative action that Dan A should have taken.

Look, I've been VERY critical of Dan and DCI on multiple fronts, not the least was the most recent bonehead decision about the Dublin show.  But I've been very "inquisitive" too, and the information that I have comes directly from voting members who were there at the time.  You have this wrong, Jeff.

It's a serious issue, nobody's doubting that.  But you are attacking the wrong person for the failings you see.  I'm really surprised you don't see that and for all these years, apparently, have believed DCI and Dan's office was something it never was.

57 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

if I am Dan, and the board refuses to act on a situation like this:

I walk. I've walked from jobs for far less. Why? Because DCi til last April talked a great game about child safety, yet didn't walk the talk.

You can hold this against him.  It's your right.

It's not the law or the governance structure of DCI, but it is your right to believe he should have quit.

I'll never hold that against anyone - we all have our beliefs.

52 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

then they deserve all they get. however...it had to get to them first

And you and your informants believe it wasn't given to them to consider - that Dan independently sat on the info without sharing it with anyone, right?

Good golly, do you really believe that of Dan?

54 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I know Dan was shot down on a lot of things. That's no secret. I'm not talking about a lot of thing. I am talking about this thing. 

I'm talking about "this thing", too, but those other things are important information to consider when considering This Thing.

You know he was neutered, you think he should have walked, you wish he would have done more...  I get all that.

The problem is that it's revisionist and it is "Jeff's World", distinctly not the world of DCI at the time.

With regard to the discussion about where any convicted sex offender could or could not be and whom they could or could not be near as well as the distance(s) from which they had to be from others and structures; it would seem to me that you would need to know what the sentence structure was from the court who issued the sanction.  Based on the circumstances of the crime and potential plea agreements, there are often times when these things are negotiated in the court system. 

For instance, would a convicted sex offender from Montana, with no such sanctions other than to register as a sex offender as ordered by the court, be prohibited from being on a school property in Illinois when travelling?  I doubt that there is a universal sentencing guideline in place.

I dunno, just thinking out loud.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So if DA couldn’t do anything because the way DCI BoD was set up then the answer is to not say anything to the people involved or alert the proper authorities. But the excuse is our hands were tied.

The PSU parallels with people who kept their mouths shut are sickening

PSU is a state univ that dwarfs DCI.  PSU is governed by a completely different set of P&P than DCI.

Who is the Executive Director of PSU that the fans are trying to skewer?

I'm not seeing the parallel, Jim.  Sorry.