A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

Time to merge DCI and BOA/Music for all— time for legitimate background checks. If DCI continues admin throughout the US in public schools will simply ban corps from staying at schools and using their stadiums . The cost will be great to all involved. Not a statement for woodwinds- but reality to education in this country . Keep DCI as the great organization it could be with the great admin of BOA- schools will support. You need the schools to survive DCI- please Dan resign .

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Dan A. did state the following in his statement, and it seems pretty clear on penalties... particularly for any DCI Corps that knowingly violated the new DCI Policies and procedures put in place in May.

" Not adhering to the Code of Conduct for hiring practices or other violations, DCI can prohibit participation and we have "

So it seems to me that we will soon find out if " prohibiting participation " of Corps that knowingly violated the new stringent policies and reporting to DCI HQ requirements are mere empty words, or if DCI HQ. is actually really serious now about  " the safety " of its young participants moving forward. No doubt this will be a defining moment in the history of DCI with its very future existence at stake here.

Too little too late. Dan A hands are very dirty in all of this.

Edited by Drewfarmer27

8 minutes ago, Drewfarmer27 said:

Too little too late. Dan A hands are very dirty in all of this.

Perhaps you are correct. But, its too early to come to that assessment at the moment, imo... although I have heard rumors he is close to some people in Corps with checkered pasts that at the very least must give him indigestion. Not sure how dirty Dan's hands are in all this though, despite that( you might know more/ better than me on this ). But... we'll all find out soon enough, it would appear.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

It's just frustrating that certain corps are still waiting and hoping to ride out this storm.  This will not be good.  They may have the resources and the backing of powerful alumni, but is it really worth it to win at all costs?  We have a designer and future Hall of Famer who has been accused of some very bad things, but they're still there.  Granted these are only accusations but is a corps really willing to put everything at risk at this point and at this juncture?  I know of some things from their counterpart that are also not good and what happened over the summer.  Perhaps this is why the CA corps are battening down the hatches.  When did it stop being about the kids for some?  I really am ashamed of this activity and is showing a lot of the true colors of the people involved.  Corps and people who I looked up to and trusted.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Drewfarmer27 said:

Time to merge DCI and BOA/Music for all— time for legitimate background checks. If DCI continues admin throughout the US in public schools will simply ban corps from staying at schools and using their stadiums . The cost will be great to all involved. Not a statement for woodwinds- but reality to education in this country . Keep DCI as the great organization it could be with the great admin of BOA- schools will support. You need the schools to survive DCI- please Dan resign .

Mmm... what are Music For All's responsibilities as regards sexual misconduct by high school band staff?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Mmm... what are Music For All's responsibilities as regards sexual misconduct by high school band staff?

None. I also doubt a merger would be in MFAs interest. 

11 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

My guess is "none". The structure of MFA is nothing like DCI. The relationship of bands and MFA is nothing like the relationship of corps and DCI. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think we’re getting ahead of ourselves. 

Dan Acheson is obviously trying to get ahead of a story. It’s still speculation as to what the story is, no matter how close people may be to inside information. I too follow Tricia Nadonly on Twitter and know she Tweeted about the video regarding a story she is working on, and while she is working on a story, there could be another story out there. We don’t know. In general, reporters do not divulge stories they are writing. We need to see what they story is before we decide Dan Acheson needs to be fired, the activity needs to merge with BOA, that it will be picked up by a national newspaper, etc.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, oldestoftheold said:

Wow. The plot thickens, so to speak.

I worked in the news business...a  different era than today's 24/7 "gotta get the story out now" news cycle,  but a lot of the same principles apply... or should apply.  A reporter is really under no obligation to let someone know, in advance, that a story is about to break.

• Like 1