2019 Phantom Regiment Program announced

11 hours ago, Tim K said:

For me, the musical choices will matter most. I think it also will depend on how they use the Joan of Arc story. While one person mentioned Pioneer doing a Joan of Arc show, they never used a flame prop. My concern would be too many similarities to BAC “Wicked Games.” 

I think Pioneer pulled it off pretty well without a BAC style flame prop IMHO. 

• Like 1

PR seems determined to not invent itself and move on to a more competitve corps.  Maybe there will be a surprise in store.  Given the design team, i'm not holding my breath though.

• Like 4

I think they should stay far, far away from a flame prop.  

Maybe on flags or front panels and the like but nothing that even closely resembles what BAC used.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martin84 said:

I think they should stay far, far away from a flame prop.  

Maybe on flags or front panels and the like but nothing that even closely resembles what BAC used.

The same goes for shouting, “I am Joan!” :)

• Like 1

Sadly, I'm not impressed. I won't be surprised to see them watching finals from the stands this year. Yes, I'm a 'negative Nancy', but Will asked for ideas and I am sure NO ONE submitted this. So, I guess Will made this decision on his own, again. The mere fact that Pioneer did this show not too long ago should give you an idea of the (lack of) thought process that appears to have gone into this decision.

I hope I'm wrong, but I haven't been for the last 7 years. Why should that change now?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, Lance said:

Joan of Arc

There were some murders in that story, right?

So, gold for Phantom in 2019 it is!

Well....if being burned at the stake is considered murder. You never really know these days. Someone will probably give us one of those "well...you have to understand that things were different in the 1430's. The rules of conduct weren't clearly defined so...." lines. 

3 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Well....if being burned at the stake is considered murder. You never really know these days. Someone will probably give us one of those "well...you have to understand that things were different in the 1430's. The rules of conduct weren't clearly defined so...." lines. 

You must have really hated their Juliet production, then. 

Juliet was 13, and her dad was making her marry a grown man, and iit was perfectly normal back then. 

23 minutes ago, Lance said:

You must have really hated their Juliet production, then. 

Juliet was 13, and her dad was making her marry a grown man, and iit was perfectly normal back then. 

Lol. Not my all time favorite show but it had some great moments. I look forward to seeing what PR can out out there.