2019 Phantom Regiment Program announced

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Agree - I have been all over the state of Illinois, no mountains like that be there.

That said - Phantom regiment isn't really from Illinois either.  It is just where their mail gets delivered, & perhaps where the equipment trucks park in the off season.

It would be interesting to see each Corps put out a pie chart showing membership percentage by state (& country if applicable) 

Even the hilly parts aren’t like that, LOLOL! 

I would imagine the footage is from Colorado where certain staff reside. Duh.

As for the show announcement? It has possibilities. Let’s see what Mark Evans brings to the mix.

9 hours ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

So nobody else noticed that the music at the end is O Fortuna from Carmina Burana?  Probably safe to say they will be playing that? Although I thought it was nearly impossible to get the rights. 

I’ve read that before, but a band just performed an entire Carmina Burana show at BOA San Antonio this past weekend. Maybe they’ve relaxed a bit on it?

16 hours ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

So nobody else noticed that the music at the end is O Fortuna from Carmina Burana?  Probably safe to say they will be playing that? Although I thought it was nearly impossible to get the rights. 

College bands have been playing a short piece of this music for years.  Do they have to pay a rights fee each year?

22 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Agree - I have been all over the state of Illinois, no mountains like that be there.

That said - Phantom regiment isn't really from Illinois either.  It is just where their mail gets delivered, & perhaps where the equipment trucks park in the off season.

It would be interesting to see each Corps put out a pie chart showing membership percentage by state (& country if applicable) 

I took a bus from Chicago O'Hare airport to Madison Wisconsin for the 1999 DCI finals the bus drove through Rockford Illinois on the way there.  how fitting 😊

On 11/3/2018 at 9:51 PM, Ghost said:

Those corps who constantly finish higher than PR are not worried about being behind the announcement curve.

How many years in a row have the Phantom Regiment been in the top 12? Not a bad record. So maybe they are not challenging the top dogs lately but most of these things run in cycles. 

I think it makes great sense to get the word about the show for the coming year as soon as possible. This announcement comes before the unofficial kickoff of the new season (thanksgiving  weekend) which should generate some interest and hype from potential members. 

Edited by Triple Forte

On 11/5/2018 at 3:53 PM, Terri Schehr said:

Even the hilly parts aren’t like that, LOLOL! 

I think it’s Boulder, CO, but not 100% certain. 

On 11/4/2018 at 11:01 AM, KVG_DC said:

It’s on par with the “Jean Valjean's secret Irish grandma”

Yeah, sorry - not sorry, but the whole Irish thing is tired, basic and not in the least bit creative. Hopefully a year off will provide them with a new direction. I wish them the best in the future, but the constant Irish themed shows have to go.

• 6 months later...

I think this show concept has promise especially if paired with some of the movements of Carmina Burana. Having performed some of this work of Carl Orff it’s power and beauty would be well suited. Phantom has not had the power and drama for which they are reputed for several seasons now. This could be the ticket. I hope they steer clear of being overly literal with their presentation or making this into a female version of Spartacus.