CANT GET A FINALS BLU RAY SHIPPEDTO UK ????

After all these years of having purchased  finals DVDs and Blu Rays since 1984 I have been told by DCI hat they cant ship to England due to musical licence laws. Cant believe it after all these years.

Can you make arrangements with someone here from the U.S. to receive it and then mail it to you?

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

Can you make arrangements with someone here from the U.S. to receive it and then mail it to you?

That was going to be my response.

It says they are not formatted for International use ? , does this mean they wont play on my Blu  Ray ? or simply they cant send them out of USA because of the musical issues. Thanks

On 11/6/2018 at 11:03 AM, smiler said:

It says they are not formatted for International use ? , does this mean they wont play on my Blu  Ray ? or simply they cant send them out of USA because of the musical issues. Thanks

DCI blurays are region A.

If your bluray player can read region A blurays, then you're fine.

Other posters have given better explanations of the "why" behind no international shipping.  

Edited by Lance

5 minutes ago, Lance said:

DCI blurays are region A.

If your bluray player can read region A blurays, then you're fine.

Any international shipping issue is a different matter.  I assume DCI just doesn't have an account set up with an international shipping company

Drum Corps International...yeah right..I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell them advertising that designation...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FaustianMachine said:

I wonder if it's similar reasoning to 2013. Rite of Spring has a copyright for exclusivity in the US, if I remember right. I think they did that with re:Rite and now with Fall and Rise. 

Public domain in the US is anything written before 1923 I believe (Rite of Spring is something like 1913?) but laws are different in different places - so in the UK for instance its something like 75 years after the death of the composer therefore RoS wouldn't be public domain until around 2030? (I'm doing these numbers off my head but it rings a bell from when this came up in 2013)

17 hours ago, Lance said:

Any international shipping issue is a different matter.  I assume DCI just doesn't have an account set up with an international shipping company. 

After 46 years, someone at Drum Corps International just noticed that they can't ship internationally?