George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

8 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

Drum corps is a such a niche activity there will be very little national attention given this. Only drum corps and marching band fans are going to notice and care. It could have some impact on recruiting, but that remains to be seen. 

I think the new YEA admin has done enough to separate themselves from GH. I don't see a real recruiting issue coming up. 

You are correct about the "nicheness" of drum, IMO, regarding much national attention.

2 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I think the new YEA admin has done enough to separate themselves from GH. I don't see a real recruiting issue coming up. 

You are correct about the "nicheness" of drum, IMO, regarding much national attention.

I do wonder why DCI has not lifted the Cadets probation yet.

1 minute ago, MikeD said:

Agreed. There was a lot of love for last years program among the marching aged ranks as well - plus a happy 2018 membership. Bodes well. 

42 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Unless the editors take a "strike while the iron is hot" approach and put it on the front burner.

Yes but you can't publish if your story details are not locked down. No publisher would push out an incomplete report.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Well a wire story tends to take things national. This has moved on the Associated Press:

https://www.apnews.com/c3fd98be262e4c25b38855d03dc7be5c

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Agreed. There was a lot of love for last years program among the marching aged ranks as well - plus a happy 2018 membership. Bodes well. 

Had a nice chat recently with a young man who marched C2 in '18, and he basically said the whole situation helped bring them closer together... and they've moved on, focusing on the job at hand for 2019. 

I would imagine the same applies to the Cadets.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I agree.

And I also think you've invented a new word there.  :laughing:

• Like 1

Very sad to hear it has come to this. Not so much for what George Hopkins might be facing, but for the drum corps activity in general. Yes, everything must take its proper course. Coincidentally, but not related to the drum corps issue, there's this.   Allentown Mayor (Ed Pawlowski) in place during all of YEA's occupation in Allentown reported last week to federal prison in Philadelphia to begin serving a 15 year sentence for illegal activities in office.

No chance these two subjects will meet somewhere over the prison dining hall table, is there? 

😬

3 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Very sad to hear it has come to this. Not so much for what George Hopkins might be facing, but for the drum corps activity in general. Yes, everything must take its proper course. Coincidentally, but not related to the drum corps issue, there's this.   Allentown Mayor (Ed Pawlowski) in place during all of YEA's occupation in Allentown reported last week to federal prison in Philadelphia to begin serving a 15 year sentence for illegal activities in office.

No chance these two subjects will meet somewhere over the prison dining hall table, is there? 

😬

Gee, Brain. What are we going to do tonight? The Brain: The same thing we doevery night, Pinky. Try to take over the world.