George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

38 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sexual abuse of young women by older men in power is a hot topic now (Olympic Gymnastic team mess still being shook out) so expecting more.

many parallels to the accusations against Bill Cosby

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ykw said:

many parallels to the accusations against Bill Cosby

When this story first hit I was pretty shocked to read alot of the same type of behavior. 

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Some of those guys have teenage daughters so...... 

Inmates that are sentenced for rape and assault on seniors don't do well in prisons/HOC.  They're usually housed in PC units.

19 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Inmates that are sentenced for rape and assault on seniors don't do well in prisons/HOC.  They're usually housed in PC units.

Yep and lowest on the totem pole are ones in for any kind of child abuse. Or as my roomie the prison guard would say “some of them (other prisoners)  are the worst or the worst... but the thought is it might have been their kid so....”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep and lowest on the totem pole are ones in for any kind of child abuse. Or as my roomie the prison guard would say “some of them are the worst or the worst... but it might have been their kid so look out”.

I had a driving gig with a  pharmaceutical supply store back in the day.... made a delivery one day to a diagnostic center in NJ that housed hard-core sex offenders... child molesters, rapists, and other assorted creeps.

I had to wait a few minutes before a doctor came out to sign whatever paperwork so I could head out.... the person behind the desk told me  "don't even think about going down that corridor behind those doors... wait here instead."  Nearly made my skin crawl. I certainly followed orders.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

sad it came to this yes, but it finally forced drum corps to wake up to these issues we've all discussed to death on here.  Sadly sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can get back to the top

I am not sure where the rock bottom is yet - this might just be a ledge

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I am not sure where the rock bottom is yet - this might just be a ledge

This isn't it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1