George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

7 minutes ago, garfield said:

The question is whether or not the BoD authorized maintaining liability insurance.  And, if not, I'd bet one could find $600m in assets from their prior BoD's personal possessions (and umbrella insurance proceeds).  In fact, I'd bet there's a lawsuit against Hop, personally, and against the prior BoD, personally, that current Cadets lawyers would enjoy tackling.

This is not my area of expertise, but why the heck would YEA BoD ever agree to such a huge severance package in the first place?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

Thanks for this link.

"...mutually agreeable cessation of employment."

Hmm..

This one is probably going to be fought in courts for quite a few years I'd imagine...guess it will depend who runs out of money for lawyers first...this must be a huge drain on YEA's resources...of course GH has criminal problems now as well...

Hmm...  I'm no lawyer, but reading the Claims of the suit reveals that there was, in fact, an agreement for severance that very well could reach $580,000 based on their report of his salary.

And they detail in their claim that Hop delivered his resignation on April 5th and BoD agreed to accept it, and announced as such publicly on April 5th.

Edit: again, I'm no lawyer but, after reading all of the Claims in GH's suit, ALL of his claims (except possibly his retirement plan matching contributions) are dependent on his claim of

"...mutually agreeable cessation of employment".

Edited by garfield

1 hour ago, NakedEye said:

I think one of the most eye-popping claims in his lawsuit against YEA is that he is demanding pay for unused vacation time. This from a man who consistently REFUSED to take vacations and discussed frequently on his social media how he hated vacations, didn't want to take them, avoided doing it for years, and only reluctantly took some time away near the end. 

And now he wants to be paid for the time that he adamantly, and publicly,  insisted he wasn't going to use. What a piece of work.

Ironically, GH may soon  be going on a forced " vacation ", courtesy of the State of Pennsylvania's  Criminal Justice and Correctional System. It could be more than a 3 weeks forced " vacation " too. The accommodations might be very small and spartan like, but should include a daily continental breakfast at the very least.

Sis just texted and in local Harrisburg online paper (pennlive) as GH has been a local for a while. Nasty tailed comments rolling in from people who have no idea what a dc is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I am making this a personal mission to promote the positive aspects of DCI and the marching arts. 😕 what a shame

Hats off to you.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I had a driving gig with a  pharmaceutical supply store back in the day.... made a delivery one day to a diagnostic center in NJ that housed hard-core sex offenders... child molesters, rapists, and other assorted creeps.

You were visiting the State House in Trenton?  😎   

• Haha 1