George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Don’t even look at what the college football coaches make.  I think Lovie Smith is our state’s highest paid employee.  He works for a state university. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/highest-paid-public-job-every-state-college-football-basketball-2018-3

"Eight basketball coaches and 31 football coaches made the list, representing 39 out of 50 states."

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Which is really bizarre.

Then again, when I lived in NJ there was at least one school superintendent who had a higher salary than the governor of the state.  Also really strange.

That's because NJ Govs make their money under the table!   Fuh-ged-abou-did      😎   

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

That appears to be the case in a lot of states. 

For one example, I would hazard a guess that no other state employee in Alabama is even on the radar screen compared to what Nick Saban is paid. LOL.   Heck... there are many NFL coaches who are not in his neighborhood. 

Chris Ash from Rutgers football makes 2.2 million per win, giving him a 2018 salary of 2.2 million.   🏈   :dancin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MikeD said:

That's because NJ Govs make their money under the table!   Fuh-ged-abou-did      😎   

Don’t have to wear seat belts either. Keep remembering the gov  that got in a wreck and told my dad it was like the wreck he has in the army. Went to sleep in the back seat and woke up in the front.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

Didn't Rutherford make a statement that the incoming board could find no evidence of his resignation, and therefore fired him for cause? The lawyers will make some good bucks untangling the events of that week.

I'd guess the 401K and unpaid expenses claims are stronger than the severance claims if this actually ever goes to court.

I had stated much the same higher up in the thread....I would guess unused vacation as well. 

The tricky part is figuring out if the original 'resignation' was valid as submitted to the old board. That would make a big difference with the "severance" portion. 

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yeah well we have more governors in prison.  So there.  😜

NJ's just end up in the Pine Barrens or on the beach in a chair

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Makes me wonder where Jimmy Hoffa is, now that Giant's Stadium has been torn down. 

Detroit

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1