George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

36 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Chris Ash from Rutgers football makes 2.2 million per win, giving him a 2018 salary of 2.2 million.   🏈   :dancin:

You had to go there.  :laughing:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MikeD said:

That's because NJ Govs make their money under the table!   Fuh-ged-abou-did      😎   

Heck... that certainly was the case for Spiro Agnew in Maryland back in the day!!!  Envelopes stuffed with cash were delivered direct to his office.  Hey... why not cut out the middleman and get paid up front. :tongue:

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Makes me wonder where Jimmy Hoffa is, now that Giant's Stadium has been torn down. 

Like NY Giants punter Sean Landetta once said about Giants Stadium... "Gives new meaning to the term 'coffin-corner kick.''' LOL

Personally, I think Mr. Hoffa is residing at the bottom of Lake Michigan.  :innocent:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I had stated much the same higher up in the thread....I would guess unused vacation as well. 

The tricky part is figuring out if the original 'resignation' was valid as submitted to the old board. That would make a big difference with the "severance" portion. 

Even if GH did verbally offer a resignation to the to the prior board, it was clearly an attempt to pre-empt being fired for cause following the news reports of his criminal misconduct. He didn't take any of the normal actions that are part of a "mutually agreeable" departure, like giving notice, or writing a resignation letter, or returning company property. I'm skeptical that any court would find in his favor on the severance arrangement.

I agree that the 401K contribution and vacation days are pretty standard stuff. If YEA offered them as part of his compensation, then he's probably owed them regardless of the circumstances of his departure.

1 minute ago, ShortAndFast said:

Even if GH did verbally offer a resignation to the to the prior board, it was clearly an attempt to pre-empt being fired for cause following the news reports of his criminal misconduct. He didn't take any of the normal actions that are part of a "mutually agreeable" departure, like giving notice, or writing a resignation letter, or returning company property. I'm skeptical that any court would find in his favor on the severance arrangement.

I agree that the 401K contribution and vacation days are pretty standard stuff. If YEA offered them as part of his compensation, then he's probably owed them regardless of the circumstances of his departure.

Oh, if it is just a verbal "I quit", my guess is he is out of luck on that part. Let's hope so.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Like NY Giants punter Sean Landetta once said about Giants Stadium... "Gives new meaning to the term 'coffin-corner kick.''' LOL

Personally, I think Mr. Hoffa is residing at the bottom of Lake Michigan.  :innocent:

Thanks as couldn’t remember who said it. And thanks to NY Daily News for reporting it.

Weird childhood memory involved Hoffa. Went to the family reunion and had to drive near Allenwood Prison to get there. Mom said joking maybe Hoffa will wave out the window at us. I thought she was serious and pictured all these prisoners waving at cars as they drove by.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thanks as couldn’t remember who said it. And thanks to NY Daily News for reporting it.

Weird childhood memory involved Hoffa. Went to the family reunion and had to drive near Allenwood Prison to get there. Mom said joking maybe Hoffa will wave out the window at us. I thought she was serious and pictured all these prisoners waving at cars as they drove by.

One of my family stories... swear to God, I'm not making this up... involved my mom standing up to Hoffa, basically dressing him down in public... over some issue, back in the day. My dad was a Teamsters member, and Hoffa was king to him and the others at my dad's local.  But not to my mom.  LOL. 

My dad was there, and was mortified. Understandably so, given Hoffa's....uhhhh... connections. :tongue: But Hoffa actually told my mom she was right, he was wrong... and he liked and respected her for speaking up!!! Hey... my mom was a Bayonne gal. Those folks could be a bit feisty. LOL.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, garfield said:

Hmm...  I'm no lawyer, but reading the Claims of the suit reveals that there was, in fact, an agreement for severance that very well could reach $580,000 based on their report of his salary.

And they detail in their claim that Hop delivered his resignation on April 5th and BoD agreed to accept it, and announced as such publicly on April 5th.

Edit: again, I'm no lawyer but, after reading all of the Claims in GH's suit, ALL of his claims (except possibly his retirement plan matching contributions) are dependent on his claim of

"...mutually agreeable cessation of employment".

Reading the same thing and it seems he could win this lawsuit. 

My thoughts are about how will this effect the finances of the Cadets. The lawsuit = money to defend. Could eventually = money to settle or money lost in a judgement. 

back to the behind bars angle. 

Anyone think he might be looking to sling some band candy for the bands while he is locked up? :lol:

• Haha 1