George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

1 hour ago, Daave said:

I doubt that there was a morality clause in any contractual documents he potentially signed.  (Insert your own jokes here)  :laughing:

you have to assume someone else wrote the contract to consider that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, E3D said:

Reading the same thing and it seems he could win this lawsuit. 

My thoughts are about how will this effect the finances of the Cadets. The lawsuit = money to defend. Could eventually = money to settle or money lost in a judgement. 

Thought that myself. Knew someone who was “small fry” in a group sting. The people the state really wanted to nail hard kept putting in trial delays. The small fry had to show up for every delay hearing with their lawyers (ca-Ching) and were going broke with it. Finally state cut a deal and gave them probation before while they could still feed the families. No idea of guilt or innocence of person I knew but he had to plea bargain guilty to stop the money bleeding.

Any money Hopkins makes in a lawsuit will end up being forfeited to lawyers and/or victims. 

On 11/13/2018 at 3:07 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

I was afraid of that.

The scary thing is that we don't know what we don't know.  Which is why we need to slay the dragons NOW

I think this is attributed to Einstein, I can't remember. Knowledge is like a circle, the more you discover and know, that circle expands... and the more you know the more you realize that  you  don't know and have to learn and discover. Right now, there's a lot that is likely being investigated, discovered, trying to get verified as truth... This will take longer than many people want it to take and wish it could be dealt with ASAP.

One thing to keep in mind and this is the big one for prosecutors:

If a DA goes off half-cocked and doesn't have their case as ironclad as possible and loses the case- it effectively inoculates that individual from further prosecution if more crimes are discovered or at least makes it insanely difficult. The defense can drive home claims of persecution, etc.

We'll have to wait on a lot of this. This could take years, folks.

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Heck... that certainly was the case for Spiro Agnew in Maryland back in the day!!!  Envelopes stuffed with cash were delivered direct to his office.  Hey... why not cut out the middleman and get paid up front. :tongue:

In NEPA, they have an institutional term for that, "macing".

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Any money Hopkins makes in a lawsuit will end up being forfeited to lawyers and/or victims. 

That would be a strange sensation for victims who worked for YEA. Suing GH and getting money that he got from YEA.

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Don’t even look at what the college football coaches make.  I think Lovie Smith is our state’s highest paid employee.  He works for a state university. 

Dan Ryder (the drill guy) told me many years ago that the highest paid teacher in any Texas School District was the Football Coach. Interestingly enough he then said the second highest paid was the Band Director. He then said it put pressure on them to get that Division I rating for sure, much was expected.

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

was it even YEA for all 35 years?

I don't think so, Jeff. I believe YEA was created right around when they took in Crown, Crossmen, and Boston as an umbrella organization that oversaw the 4 corps. That's when you started to see the acronym tossed about in conversations.

21 hours ago, garfield said:

Thanks for this link.

"...mutually agreeable cessation of employment."

Hmm..

"This is bad, George."

"Okay, I quit."

"Great! Clean out your stuff, leave the car and laptop, please..."

I have a feeling it wasn't that simple.... reading between the lines of that phrase, it sure implies some kind of severance deal.

Reminds me of the Blotto classic "I Quit".