George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

1 minute ago, garfield said:

No, not that.  Another "triggering event" is GH retirement on or after age 62.  With any luck, on April 5th, 2018, he was months away from 62.

The only "triggering event" he could win on would be "disability", but only if it included total mental disability.

His birthday is in October.  

Edited by Terri Schehr

16 minutes ago, garfield said:

This is really well-said, IMO.  And I think it's deeper, too.  The BoD had taken on a negative reputation because of GH's bull-headedness.  One piece of evidence is prohibiting his BoD from attending the Board Consortium meetings at the Janual.  At a time when the importance of Board governance is growing to represent the corps at DCI, Cadets' BoD didn't participate.

I happen to know for a fact that GH did not prevent anyone from attending the board consortium (at least not in recent years).  If the board members did not attend, it was due to their own personal schedules and conflicts.  Let's keep in mind that attending would be at the individual's expense, and a lot of these people already had to fly just to get to YEA board meetings.  You can lay many things on GH (and justifiably so), but this isn't one of them.

5 minutes ago, Icer said:

I happen to know for a fact that GH did not prevent anyone from attending the board consortium (at least not in recent years).  If the board members did not attend, it was due to their own personal schedules and conflicts.  Let's keep in mind that attending would be at the individual's expense, and a lot of these people already had to fly just to get to YEA board meetings.  You can lay many things on GH (and justifiably so), but this isn't one of them.

Well, I don't have first-hand corroboration of what I was told during the event and, therefore, the weight your "fact" belief is hard to debate (see, I can learn!)

But, in reality, the hearsay I have is just that, no matter the veracity I give it. 

8 minutes ago, garfield said:

This is a tough one, for sure.  What is the date of this announcement?

1 minute ago, Icer said:

April 5

"We Agree"  (The old BoD.)

Ughh.  The key is "Mutually Agreed Cessation".

Yup, this is a tough one.

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

"We Agree"  (The old BoD.)

Ughh.  The key is "Mutually Agreed Cessation".

Yup, this is a tough one.

Read the sentence.  "We agree" means his stepping aside is in the best interests of the organization.  If that's what his lawyers are basing their suit on, they will have a tough time winning their case.