George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

27 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Any other older folks here reminded of MAD Mutually Assured Destruction?

Several thousand nukes... when all you really needed was about 10, if your aim was good.   :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m a 1957 baby and I just turned 61 Tuesday.  

Hey happy bday I hit that number exactly 3 months before you

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Saiontz & Kirk is one of the firms here in Baltimore.  "If you have a phone, you have a lawyer..."  :laughing:

We had Robert Vaughn (Man from UNCLE) doing local law firm commercials “tell them you mean business”. Wonder how close he ever got to Harrisburg lol. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

So you don’t care when your birthday falls on a Friday either....:laughing:

That’s our lucky day... 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

as for prior to April, I would have had a huge issue with the revolving door of employees, because I know what it costs to onboard someone as an employee, then turn around and re-hire someone else at best a year later. That the board got no exit interview information from why they left is also negligent and quite frankly, that practice had been going on since pretty much day 1 of YEA. 

Agreed. I can't speak for more than a handful, but at various times in the past decade the BoD did receive written notice as to why employees decided to leave from the employees themselves. Failing to take any action on multiple reports I would also argue was negligent. So, pretty obvious that they didn't want to hear it and when they did hear it, they ignored it. 

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

We had Robert Vaughn (Man from UNCLE) doing local law firm commercials “tell them you mean business”. Wonder how close he ever got to Harrisburg lol. 

Completely OT, I know... but I have the first season of "The Man From U.N.C.L.E" on DVD.  What a great show... and the theme song is terrific.

Edited by Fran Haring

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

About ten years ago, we had Vaughn here to perform in Trumbo, a partially-staged reading of Dalton Trumbo's letters. Trumbo was a screenwriter who was blacklisted and jailed for refusing to name names to Congress. He then wrote a number of films under a pseudonym, before Kirk Douglas and Otto Preminger independently hired him to write, respectively, Spartacus and Exodus under his own name, thus ending the blacklist. Bryan Cranston played Trumbo in a movie a couple years ago.

Vaughn was keen to appear in our production because he'd actually written a book on the Hollywood blacklist, based on his doctoral dissertation (which he completed after his U.N.C.L.E. years.)