George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

On 11/14/2018 at 9:31 AM, Fran Haring said:

That appears to be the case in a lot of states. 

For one example, I would hazard a guess that no other state employee in Alabama is even on the radar screen compared to what Nick Saban is paid. LOL.   Heck... there are many NFL coaches who are not in his neighborhood. 

At 11 million a year or somewhere around that mark, I would say you're absolutely correct.

55 minutes ago, Daave said:

I sent him a card and told him DCP was thinking of him in his time of struggle 😂

Was it from the "smart aleck" card section.....

Can't say smart ###ed

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

But GH had to give the phone back to YEA

I got one for 20 bucks from the Wal-Mart near where I think GH is near. 20 more bucks buys you enough minutes to call a Legal Firm. The Wal-Mart people were extremely helpful. Now, I'm in the textin' when I'm still and hands-free Phone while drivin' era. God Help us all. :satisfied:

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2018 at 5:59 PM, garfield said:

A great deal has to do with how typical George Hopkins' situations is in the activity. I would say in many ways he is atypical. Yes every director wants what is best for his/her corps as GH did. He did push the envelope during his time with DCI, but again that is not that different from other directors. He called all the shots, but again that is not that different from other directors. However, what makes a difference is that we may be dealing with someone who could be diagnosed with a narcissistic personality, which should be stated at the outset is not an excuse for criminal behavior, and this adds a different dimension. His rants were like no others. When people disagreed with him, he reacted in a way that differentiated him from other directors. He also believed rules did not apply to him yet he made sure every rule applied to everyone else. The fact that some of the behavior GH is being charged with takes place in a wok environment and some may involve spiking a drink may make this situation unique

I knew someone would be thinking along the same line (I'm sure many do.) Let's face it, the man is a malignant narcissist. I wouldn't be shocked if somehow a claim of NPD was brought forward. In this case (if I remember the way the specific law works,) NPD is still considered a "Character Disorder" which wouldn't offer any protection from a legal perspective. Many of his so called "apologies" from the old "yeahguy" blog site seemed to certainly point to this type of character flaw. His messages always seemed to be devoid of actual empathy and had that air of "sorry (not sorry) if your feelings got hurt but you have to accept me as I am." Malignant narcissists are only fearful of being caught....it's the only thing that tempers their control tactics. I guess in hindsight, he must have felt safe since, until this story broke, he was continuing to get away with his actions from his rants all the way trough to the allegations of sexual abuse / misconduct. I'm glad the victims found the voice to come forward. I'm certain there will be more. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, BigW said:

I got one for 20 bucks from the Wal-Mart near where I think GH is near. 20 more bucks buys you enough minutes to call a Legal Firm. The Wal-Mart people were extremely helpful. Now, I'm in the textin' when I'm still and hands-free Phone while drivin' era. God Help us all. :satisfied:

Someone told me they haven’t noticed greeters at that WalMart for a while. Let’s see $1.5meg divided by minimum wage = lot of hours.

and yeah greeter discussion brought up while talking about my retirement plans... smart ###ed family members