George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

16 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Wow... increase funding for YEA (from last year)... then count the number of times he uses “I”....

• Like 1

My first post!  I have been a lurker for years and although I stay abreast of the activity through DCP I have to admit the time I enjoy the most is when the season is in full swing.  I have paid attention to the GH debacle from the onset.  Some on here say they had connections to prisons and correctional facilities.  I served for 25 years with the Federal Bureau of Prisons in a variety locations and capacities.  At  one facility I chaired the Discipline Committee for three years.  In another capacity I conducted discipline hearings mostly cleaning up other peoples technical and judgment errors.  I would have the inmates Central File which contained the Presentence Investigation and the FBI "Rap Sheet".  I can't tell you the number of times I had to suspend my feelings and had to just deal with the matter at hand.  What I can tell you is that it is no secret that inmates detest the behavior (allegedly)exhibited by GH. 

I had a situation occur that involved my daughters.  I took a day off after the incident to insure they were OK (divorced myself from the process).  I returned to work and stood in the dining room the next day at the noon meal.  A good percentage of the population indicated their displeasure and said we are "SORRY".  An inmate who was the leader of the group  the individual was from caught me off to the side and asked "What do you want done to him".  Obviously I told him I couldn't condone any reprisal.  The inmate had been transferred across the country.  There was no Federal Statute covering the incident  and  State I was in categorized it as a class three misdemeanor.  I agreed with the US Attorney and the FBI Case Agent that it was not worth subjecting my daughters to a trial. 

I had become a liability and at that time I could no longer chair the committee, that was part of my job description.  I was transferred to  another location.  My life and my families life changed completely and not for the better.  I guess what I am saying is that GH (alleged actions) ruined so many peoples lives, in so many ways.  We will never fully understand their grief and loss.

Terry is right "Sociopathic" behavior at the very least!       

• Thanks 9

4 minutes ago, FTNK said:

🤢

Pretty funny the first post is about $500k fundraising...

The irony....oh, the irony.

Another thing that bothered me was the comments that he could hire better people with more money. From what I know about the casualties incurred there, he HAD good people, most if not all initially thought they were getting a great job at a great place, for a marvelous cause and that it was an opportunity of a lifetime at first.

I do know from experience paying people more, even a lot more, doesn't mean they'll be happy with extended work hours, no personal time, and being subjected to the guff GH tossed out at his employees.

• Thanks 1

Irony! 

As Garfield commented (I hope I'm right Garfield)  pertaining the 2002 Championship at Camp Randall Stadium and the siren/red lights from the Madison Fire House across the street.  I was in the 2nd deck, 3rd row up and slightly to the left of the Press BOX.  It was my first show in quite awhile, I had no idea what I was about to see.  It was also the year after 9/11.  When BC did Appalachian Spring, Tis a gift to be simple - Tis a gift to be free and then formed the American Flag for the closer, I got teary eyed.  I have to inject I am a VN C Vet. Each performance got better and better, I was amazed.  When the Cadet's did BWBB, wow the house was rocking and the 2nd deck was vibrating!  I had a straight view of the Madison Fire House through the stadium entry way. When the Iwo Jima flag raising occurred in the front followed by the Firefighter 9/11 flag raising back field  and then ALL THE UNITS at the Madison firehouse went Code 3, someone began cutting onions in my section.  Some people have referred to that as cheesy.  Not where I was at and the standing "O" seemed to go on and on.  It was clear to me the Cavies'  had won with Frameworks,  but I'll never forget the Cadets. 

None of the current tribulations regarding GH have been able to take that moment from me.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Think the same year Cadets were in an exhibition show at Gettysburg. GH gave an introduction and went on and on....  People around us were wondering if he was clueless that it wasn’t a Cadets band seminar or he had a chance to be the center of attention and couldn’t let go. 

Barbara and I were there for that. We and just about everyone else kept checking our watches. :laughing: "OK... we'd like to hear the corps now..."  LOL

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

That distinct, rambling writing style.  :tongue:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, FTNK said:

🤢

Pretty funny the first post is about $500k fundraising...

Sadly some of the gems from the past are gone