George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

Well, whatever you want to think about Hopkins finding God recently is fodder for your own folly and... it’s not true.

I met George in the Fall of 2017. He was on empty and tired of the constant attacks by a small group of Alumni. It was quite unbelievable what was going on when he was just trying to focus on the corps, and had been going on for years.  We talked about different approach’s on how to exist differently than the present that the past had delivered.  I said, I suggest you pray and... he listened.  I said, put aside your questioning mind and your ego ... just pray and ask God to help you.  Open your heart. He took my advice.  We continued to discuss ways of involvement of the Alumni and working toward inclusion... the Alumni series came from this and other ideas.  He wanted peace and to find ways to help the corps and YEA he so loved.  Unfortunately the small group of Alumni were out for revenge and rage fueled their actions.  They found their leverage in finding women who felt hurt in their involvement with George. He was given the ultimatum to step down and walk away or face the fury of the public in the #meetoo movement, he chose to not resign because he stated he never raped anyone... So they took the story to the press to destroy him.   He stepped down because he realized his presence would disrupt the corps and he never wanted that. 

You can mock me and mock the idea of George praying ... but it’s true. I just know in my heart it didn’t have to happen this way.  I have spoken with many people who have first hand experience with him and they tell me how they felt he was self focused and arrogant and when frustrated would yell at them . I believe them. My opinion is this is a process issue not a criminal one.

George Hopkins gave his life to the Cadets and YEA  and DCI and worked tirelessly on their behalf. 

I know George was changing months before January of 2018.   It just didn’t have to happen this way.  Especially when the corps namesake is the Holy Family. Tell me Satan is not alive and well. He is loving all this pain, discourse, lustful hatred and attacks. 

The human ways of revenge, rage, hatred and judgement, the press and lawyers is not going to heal anyone nor help the corps we all love.

I have nothing to gain in speaking out on behalf of George, quite the opposite... the wrath comes after me!  I’m nothing more than a person who loves the Cadets, loves Drum corps, and was in the right place at the right time to share my faith with a person who was open... 16 months ago... not a recent pursuit. 

• Haha 1

A timeline on Fred's actions. Fred does not deserve a thread so I put him with GH.

GH hits the news. Fred as Chairman of the Board of DCI reviews with the BOD they revise the dci code of conduct. The same guidelines/recommendations that were passed along to the corps.

Then the dci BOD realizes that Fred himself is in violation of the new codes and he resigns.

On his return to the Crossmen, he presents the new guidelines and should have resigned since The Crossmen can't meet the recommendations with him involved. Instead, he stays and makes a mockery of dci efforts to address the issue.

What's to stop other corps from looking the other way here and there? What does zero tolerance mean? Not saying others at dci don't deserve to step-up  Fred right now has the biggest target. He is casting a grey area around dci efforts. What's at stake close to 70k MMs go through these corps each decade and a few adults thinking they are bigger than all that it is not right.

3 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Well, whatever you want to think about Hopkins finding God recently is fodder for your own folly and... it’s not true.

I met George in the Fall of 2017. He was on empty and tired of the constant attacks by a small group of Alumni. It was quite unbelievable what was going on when he was just trying to focus on the corps, and had been going on for years.  We talked about different approach’s on how to exist differently than the present that the past had delivered.  I said, I suggest you pray and... he listened.  I said, put aside your questioning mind and your ego ... just pray and ask God to help you.  Open your heart. He took my advice.  We continued to discuss ways of involvement of the Alumni and working toward inclusion... the Alumni series came from this and other ideas.  He wanted peace and to find ways to help the corps and YEA he so loved.  Unfortunately the small group of Alumni were out for revenge and rage fueled their actions.  They found their leverage in finding women who felt hurt in their involvement with George. He was given the ultimatum to step down and walk away or face the fury of the public in the #meetoo movement, he chose to not resign because he stated he never raped anyone... So they took the story to the press to destroy him.   He stepped down because he realized his presence would disrupt the corps and he never wanted that. 

You can mock me and mock the idea of George praying ... but it’s true. I just know in my heart it didn’t have to happen this way.  I have spoken with many people who have first hand experience with him and they tell me how they felt he was self focused and arrogant and when frustrated would yell at them . I believe them. My opinion is this is a process issue not a criminal one.

George Hopkins gave his life to the Cadets and YEA  and DCI and worked tirelessly on their behalf. 

I know George was changing months before January of 2018.   It just didn’t have to happen this way.  Especially when the corps namesake is the Holy Family. Tell me Satan is not alive and well. He is loving all this pain, discourse, lustful hatred and attacks. 

The human ways of revenge, rage, hatred and judgement, the press and lawyers is not going to heal anyone nor help the corps we all love.

I have nothing to gain in speaking out on behalf of George, quite the opposite... the wrath comes after me!  I’m nothing more than a person who loves the Cadets, loves Drum corps, and was in the right place at the right time to share my faith with a person who was open... 16 months ago... not a recent pursuit. 

So it’s a grand conspiracy? 

8 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Yes we heard of George and he has his own demons to face, but nice try. His fate is in the courts' hands. His legacy will be defined.  

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Yes we heard of George and he has his own demons to face, but nice try. His fate is in the courts' hands. His legacy will be defined.  

I went through a trial against a sex offender.  There is no one in the world who could have convinced me to go through that if it hadn’t happened.  It was almost as bad as the offense.  

This theory is ridiculous. 

Nice first post, btw.  🙄

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I went through a trial against a sex offender.  There is no one in the world who could have convinced me to go through that if it hadn’t happened.  It was almost as bad as the offense.  

This theory is ridiculous. 

Nice first post, btw.  🙄

Me too. Courts sent a fine; creditors called long after he didn't pay at last known address. Keep accurate records, track process and know you are the truth. Hugs.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Correct but none of these stories give the full picture dci and GH knew and still looked the other way for 40 years until something simular happened.

For the record here in GH's thread you manageed to be the worst of the worst. Donna Bell is towards the back with the guard, your not forgetten.

http://www.optimists-alumni.org/photos/albums/userpics/10004/1977_Seneca_yearbook.pdf

uh...ok. not sure how i was the worst of the worst, but whatever Doug

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

Unfortunately the small group of Alumni were out for revenge and rage fueled their actions.  They found their leverage in finding women who felt hurt in their involvement with George. He was given the ultimatum to step down and walk away or face the fury of the public in the #meetoo movement, he chose to not resign because he stated he never raped anyone... So they took the story to the press to destroy him.   He stepped down because he realized his presence would disrupt the corps and he never wanted that. 

Yep! The Lehigh County District Attorneys Office has goofed again!   From their website:

" Statistic show the total number of adult cases disposed of each year is more than 5600 most of those result in convictions or tantamount resolutions.  The office has a conviction rate of higher than 97%.  The office also handles more than 1300 juvenile cases a year."

Would hardly think they advance frivolous cases.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

uh...ok. not sure how i was the worst of the worst, but whatever Doug 

I wasn't speaking about you sorry if it came across that way. No way I would speak of you like that. I was referring to GH in that post.

11 minutes ago, DCVNVET said:

New revelations:

What's to say about that except it's sad. I get it some friends rushed in. I try to do the same for friends of mine but never been tested like they are. The earlier post wanting us to give him a break and now this? 

Edited by Bluzes
typo