George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

No, Tricia is a fine young women who is inspired to serve the community to report the story as she interviews ‘One’ side of this story.  Everyone has been speaking / gossiping THAT side of the story. It’s human nature! It was human nature for George to choose to deal with these Alumni the way he did. The more he focused on the corps and ignored them, the angrier they became. I don’t believe these people are bad, just felt they deserved to have a seat at the table. They absolutely did deserve to be included. But over the years it just kept escalating... the hurt feelings, the anger, the gossip, it was all consuming.  They felt they were stockholders in a company not giving them any dividends and wanted a leader that brought them in. George choose to keep their escalated state as the kind of energy to keep away from the corps. He saw the dis-ease in this escalated state. From death threats to constant harassment of himself and anyone close to him, even I received a death threat! They wanted him OUT! As I said, this didn’t have to happen this way but they weren’t aware of his desire to find a way to change this course. He felt constantly attacked and was carrying the weight of the corps and YEA on his own shoulders... their gossip to convince the world of his horribleness was non-ending. When THEY marched did they have this kind of attacks happening to their corps?  I don’t think  so... back in the day their house was not divided!  A house divided will not stand. They just wanted him to resign and he would not admit to raping anyone.  So destruction pursued...  but He started praying and looking for peace in the Fall of 2017.

So in essence, trying to be in total control made it worse. Gee who predicted that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok I gave up reading after claiming his own version of PTSD. And really resisting urge to blow up on that

I almost went bonkers, Have a 50% rating from the VA for that along with the other 100% P&T and it wasn't self inflicted.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

So in essence, trying to be in total control made it worse. Gee who predicted that?

And I sincerely hope any death threats were reported to the proper authorities. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

Unfortunately the small group of Alumni were out for revenge and rage fueled their actions.  They found their leverage in finding women who felt hurt in their involvement with George. He was given the ultimatum to step down and walk away or face the fury of the public in the #meetoo movement, he chose to not resign . My opinion is this is a process issue not a criminal one.

I do not believe however that public prosecutors care much about such things such as.... "  Drum Corps Alumni ".... "  Women ( or others)  out for revenge"..... " the fury of the public ".... a " metoo movement "... nor whether or not as person has found " God, Prayer, or Satan, etc... nor are they interested in "  process issues ", and other such irrelevancies, nor on what motivates people to do things.

District and County Prosecutors are interested primarily... and almost exclusively... in criminal activity that might be taking place within their geographical jurisdictions. Its their job. They evaluate information, evidence brought to them by alleged victims of crime. They oftentimes can decide that law enforcement needs to do more before filing criminal charges, or they might find little corroborating evidence a crime was committed. Prosecutors typically do not want to take the time, expense, to proceed on criminal prosecutions on criminal charges they believe are unprovable in Court, or flimsy in nature.

In the situation of George Hopkins, all we can say at the moment with a degree of certainty is that Prosecutors in the State Of Pennsylvania have been persuaded by TWO Women that they were sexually assaulted and victimized by George Hopkins. That the Prosecutors looked at their testimony, and with their Office's investigatory powers in conjunction with local law enforcement concluded there was compelling info that they have in their possession that George Hopkins engaged in criminal assault, and that he should be arrested and charged with crimes., including the charge of Rape.

Thats all missing in your commentary above, and  just wanted to point this out. George Hopkins is presumed innocent under the Law and will have the opportunity to be heard in a Court of Law. So will the Women. The rest of this stuff re. motivations, Alumni, Drum Corps, meetoo movement, God, Religion, etc, might be interesting sidebars to learn about to some, but its not why Pennsylvania Prosecutors have sought a Warrant for the Arrest and the subsequent Prosecution on multiple criminal charge accounts with two Women victims of George Hopkins, Lancer79.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

My religious beliefs have no place here to be discussed and they’re stronger than you might imagine.

one, two women..... maybe revenge. Twelve and a county DA’s office found enough to prosecute on? Not a grand drum corps alumni conspiracy. The law could give two craps about alumni fighting with a corps director. Trust me if they did lord only knows what Kilties alumni would be up to.

i am all for forgiving people. If I forgave the director that killed my corps, I can forgive a lot. But with the legal system involved, any alumni schemes are pathetic deflections. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Thats all missing in your commentary above, and  just wanted to point this out. George Hopkins is presumed innocent under the Law and will have the opportunity to be heard in a Court of Law. So will the Women. The rest of this stuff re. motivations, Alumni, Drum Corps, meetoo movement, God, Religion, etc, might be interesting sidebars to learn about to some, but its not why Pennsylvania Prosecutors have sought a Warrant for the Arrest and the subsequent Prosecution on multiple criminal charge accounts with two Women victims of George Hopkins, Lancer79.

Exactly!  A panel of complaint attorneys decided there was sufficient grounds to proceed.  Sgt. Friday "the facts and nothing but the facts". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I do not believe however that public prosecutors care much about such things such as.... "  Drum Corps Alumni ".... "  Women ( or others)  out for revenge"..... " the fury of the public ".... a " metoo movement "... nor whether or not as person has found " God, Prayer, or Satan, etc... nor are they interested in "  process issues ", and other such irrelevancies, nor on what motivates people to do things.

District and County Prosecutors are interested primarily... and almost exclusively... in criminal activity that might be taking place within their geographical jurisdictions. Its their job. They evaluate information, evidence brought to them by alleged victims of crime. They oftentimes can decide that law enforcement needs to do more before filing criminal charges, or they might find little corroborating evidence a crime was committed. Prosecutors typically do not want to take the time, expense, to proceed on criminal prosecutions on criminal charges they believe are unprovable in Court, or flimsy in nature.

In the situation of George Hopkins, all we can say at the moment with a degree of certainty is that Prosecutors in the State Of Pennsylvania have been persuaded by TWO Women that they were sexually assaulted and victimized by George Hopkins. That the Prosecutors looked at their testimony, and with their Office's investigatory powers in conjunction with local law enforcement concluded there was compelling info that they have in their possession that George Hopkins engaged in criminal assault, and that he should be arrested and charged with crimes., including the charge of Rape.

40 minutes ago, DCVNVET said:

I almost went bonkers, Have a 50% rating from the VA for that along with the other 100% P&T and it wasn't self inflicted.    

I have a family member who is dealing with that.  Iraq and Afghanistan.  You're right... not to be taken lightly, at all.

Edited by Fran Haring

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Serving God and serving man do not have to be separate from each other. Just saying

Just finished a book about the life of Jim Herr, the family matriarch and founder of the Herr's snack-food company.

A guy who talked the talk and walked the walk, for his entire life. A model of how someone can conduct their life, treat people well, and run a successful business, while maintaining a deep religious faith. 

Plus, that company makes great cheese curls.  :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2