George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

2 minutes ago, MikeD said:

This is the type of post that is out of bounds on DCP. It is totally relogiius with zero tie to drum corps. 

Thank you, Mike.  The proselytizing is getting way out of hand. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Just finished a book about the life of Jim Herr, founder and matriarch of the Herr's snack-food family and company.

A guy who talked the talk and walked the walk, for his entire life. A model of how someone can conduct their life, treat people well, and run a successful business, while maintaining a deep religious faith. 

Plus, that company makes great cheese curls.  :laughing:

Well make Herrs... yours....

yeah Central PA we pronounce it like it it has one “r” and not the German way. And the first line is their sales pitch lol...

• Like 1

Fair enough, I can make this about Drum Corps. The activity we so love could only be served if we were all unified with a focus to build a bigger tent and include more people. The changes and involvement in management is way overdue! The focus needs to go back to Victory and less about winning. Victory is about raising people up and building stronger character building experiences for our youth. I see this direction and I want more of that! Less of bashing...

25 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

You're right... not to be taken lightly, at all

I wasn't looking for kudos but thank you.  I fully realize war is not the only situation that the Demon raises it's head. The victims in this situation I am certain feel the pain and there is no cure.  I just saw the manipulation for what it was and as Terri S has said it takes a lot  of guts and determination to file a criminal complaint and put yourself on the line.  I'm not prejudging that is up to the system. I trust your relatives are fighting the good fight against the Demon. There is a reading that might be helpful to them. It's called "A Nez Peirce Warriors Reflections" it answered many questions for me in a relatively simplistic manner. It can be found on the net.     

Edited by DCVNVET
Typo
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well make Herrs... yours....

yeah Central PA we pronounce it like it it has one “r” and not the German way. And the first line is their sales pitch lol...

Middleswarth. That is all 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Please make the above the final word from anybody about religion or any discussion of God or any god(s) that do not pertain to discussing drum corps and the outstanding wordly issues.

And sharing his Facebook posts 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Middleswarth. That is all 

Lol... Utz babeeee...

Old plant is on the main drag to downtown Hanover and they usually kick in for a program ad for the Lancers stand still. Think they donated to the uniform fund years back.

lol corps related....

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Too bad it is not as simple as the phrases I underlined in your post.  

Good reaction to my post. I knew that zero tolerance did not appear in dci's 5-16-18 DCI "Board of Directors updates sweeping Code of Conduct & Ethics Guidelines" and that deserves discussions of its own. The paragraph below is where I believe there is a double standard about Fred.

"DCI acknowledges that people around the world and throughout our country have been faced with the harsh realities of bias, harassment, and incivility. While these social ills are not unique to any one industry or field, society’s former tolerance and perhaps >>>>willful ignorance of these realities are no longer acceptable; standards and expectations are changing, as must our own.<<<<< Behavior that demeans, harasses, or reflects bias against another member of our community is not acceptable, in any context."

The section arrowed in is where keeping Fred loses it for me. Also from the first paragraph "DCI’s values and expectations." That needs more definition.
It is a fact that Fred is in violation of willful ignorance on two levels, the hire, and the scrub. That willful ignorance reached all the way to the Chairmen of the DCI Board of Directors and they cleaned up their own house They wrote not too simple rules and they are allowing one man to make a mockery out of the whole thing.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

When you serve God you are serving your brother.  Your putting His will above your own. Your right Brasso, this is in the courts and the court will decide his earthly fate. I have watched this site since last April and in my observation, many have already judged him with the information/ experience and gossip they have heard/lived.  It’s just not the entire story. There is always two sides to every story... right?

The Court of Law is entirely different than the " Court of Public Opinion " however, Lancer79.

In the " Court of Public Opinion ", the public was not just receiving " gossip ". The public was able to read in thenewspapers the gut wretching stories from MULTIPLE Women of his  alleged sexual harassments, sexual intimidations, possible  drinking/ drugging inducements, etc before the assaults and in other situations of criminal sexual assault Rape. The alleged victims went into great detail and lots of specifics, and were seen sobbing on video in telling their stories of their sexual assaults, Lancer79. Its assumed by many the Women were not acting in these videos.  It seems their alleged sexual assaults were not of consent. Far from it, the ones pressing charges claim .That it was unwanted sexual assaults. George Hopkins decided to state it is all a mirage however and states these episodes were all either false or of a mutual consent nature. He declined further comment about it. Given the multiple ( 12 ) Women's harrowing episodes that varied from sexual harrassment and intimidation up to and including claims of Rape in 2 cases, coupled with GH's mostly simple denial and " no comment " response on these episodes, surely you can understand why in the Court of Public Opinion, the Women on the videos to many seem believable when seen and heard. Or.. or maybe you don't... who knows, Thats your perogative too, of course. But we do have ample statistics that do show us that when MULTIPLE Women claim various episodes they have encountered that involved issues such as sexual harrassment, sexual intimidation, sexual assaults, that its highly doubtful all these Women were involved in a conspiracy of lies and deception when it comes to these things against a single perpetrator, Lancer79. So if you can not understand why many people that watched the videos of the sobbing Women find them believable at the moment, then thats for you to have to figure out for yourself why many have reacted this way.. including Prosecutors in the State of Pennsylvania. That said, it is true, the Court of Law will have to decide his Guilt or Innocence of these charges. But right now, we are discussing what has been told in the investigatory reporting on these multiple episodes that span decades with GH,, and our reactions to the Women we saw and heard sobbing on the videos as they explained in graphic detail what George is alleged to have done to them.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2