George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Your kidding us.  Her focus is not "speeding that process along".  She's a reporter who has a story that she has sunk her teeth into and is doing her job.  Others will be responsible for speeding the process along.

I also like the way she is handling the cocaine smuggling Flyers hockey player she all over that story. As if the reactions to her discoveries do not generate threads of 100's of pages. How else are we getting this type of info? The sooner you find out about a problem the sooner you can fix it. Look how the heat was turned up on Fred when we read the details.

6 hours ago, Bluzes said:

I got that little confused meme from Jeff, I am not talking to myself. 

I see you are confused so am I. The rules on DCP make the site great. Was on a drum corps REDDIT site and some idiot said they had 14 identities and was there to cause havoc.

There are rules about religion and politics and there are Wordly Issues affecting dci.  Where could these issues be discussed if DCP didn't exist? 

Should we ignore FB and only restrict ourselves to news reports, is Tricia's tweeter feed OK? Things being discussed on Reddit #MeToo, ?

Metiza is a positive online community focused on young women inspiring and encouraging one another to be their best selves. What shows up is a lengthy article with a big picture of 2018 Cadets shedding a negative light.

https://metiza.com/need-to-know/report-shows-misconduct-harassment-and-bad-hiring-practices-widespread-in-drum-corps-international/

The press lines up their headlines for effect upfront is - harassment and sexual abuse of women and underage people in dci. Folks reading this don't know what dci stands for, then see it as a bad thing. 

I post things for discussion. Question is dci in a downward spiral and are they doing enough for groups such as Metiza to look on them in a positive light again?

ignore facebook? No, but there are rules here about posting people's private stuff, such as emails and at times facebook posts. Hence why i mentioned not linking his page to here. 

5 hours ago, mjoakes said:

I know there is always room to disagree about how the rules are interpreted or implemented. But I like that DCP has some reasonable folks paying attention and stepping in as they believe is warranted. I don’t mind trading off a little free expression for a little sanity. Thanks mods.

Did I just say DCP is sane?

we won't hold it against you

4 hours ago, Bluzes said:

IMO It will take for Tricia L Nadolny to publish a positive press release about Drum Corps. Then healing can begin and dci & Tricia attend a Metiza Conference. Yes I do care that the news cycle is going in the wrong direction. I like attending drum corps shows.

good press could come from other sources. I find Tricia to be very personable, and actually cares that drum corps cleans itself up, and was quite impressed at the show she attended. my tailgating offer to her at DCI East is always open

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Spring Grove... is that where the paper plant is???

Went by that plant a while back... thank God for the "inside air" button on the car.  LOL.

yup, Glatfelter. Got off the bus there for a football game years ago,and our then a director was a SG alum. A kid looks at him and says "what is THAT smell?". Director looks at him, smiles and says "thats the smell of money son".

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s not her fault if there’s negative.  Maybe drum corps should clean up it’s act and then she can write more positive articles.  I’m guessing she’s probably had hundreds of people contact her.  Is she supposed to ignore them?

There have been hundreds of positive articles written about drum corps over the years. 

amen sister

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

I am not blaming her just pointing out that she sets the bar on this issue she is our champion. When The Cadets stepped up and did the right thing and moved in the most positive direction possible. She was there to praise them. Why is everything about blame we all have a common goal here?

Since then she documented more negative truths about the activity and clearly does not feel that dci has done enough that they are ready for praise. That should be of concern to dci, what still needs to be done not just for her but she is a voice of reason and is fair. Her input should be of value to dci.

The hundreds of past articles about drum corp are great. The positive spin needs to be towards today's issues how dci overcame the sexual abuse problems. That will help keep the MMs flowing into the activity. 

well they need to get their heads out of their ##### so that spin you want can happen. Problem is right now, they're too busy smelling their own ####

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mjoakes said:

I know there is always room to disagree about how the rules are interpreted or implemented. But I like that DCP has some reasonable folks paying attention and stepping in as they believe is warranted. I don’t mind trading off a little free expression for a little sanity. Thanks mods.

Did I just say DCP is sane?

At least here you don't have to take two bars of "LAVA" soap with you just to read some of the posts. "Dude"  :silly: