George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

4 hours ago, BigW said:

You have an excuse. :worthy:

Thanks will put that on the credits side of the balance sheet just in case I flip out and need a get out of jail free card. :wink:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I really hate to be cynical, but since I’m having that kind of week, I’m going to have to say plenty. 

I was personally shocked anyone went to bat after reading the report. The one big one on the director's part could have been easily avoided with some tact and professionalism.

In relation to this thread... and several other related threads... just about all of the messes that every individual that's been bullseyed and deservedly so could have been easily avoided with some tact and professionalism. And not even much professionalism. BASIC professional behaviors.

-Keep your hands off people/associates/whomever and don't think they should have some kind of relationship with you because you're "important"

-Don't take pics of kids' hinders with your phone and make cute comments or text inappropriate things to them

-Don't use nicknames referring to certain bodily parts when referring to others

-Don't hire people to work with kids that have previous records of shady dealings no matter how talented they freakin' are or have a drum head named for them, then get upset when they find out and you feel bad you heaven forbid have to fire them, and shouldn't have hired them in the first place, OR try and cover up their shady past.

I may be no uber goober talent but for God's sake, to me, this is just common sense and decency towards other people that some of these people are clearly lacking in. 

Very hard day at work, fighting off some kind of something, just had to vent a bit. :wall::whistle:

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DCVNVET said:

At least here you don't have to take two bars of "LAVA" soap with you just to read some of the posts. "Dude"  :silly:

Lava Soap!!!   I remember using that when I was growing up.  It felt like I was scrubbing an entire layer of skin off. :laughing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Lava Soap!!!   I remember using that when I was growing up.  It felt like I was scrubbing an entire layer of skin off. :laughing:

I'm gonna wash your mouth with soap for talking like that!  "Oh no Mom not the Lava soap again pleaseee.  :sad:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:
7 hours ago, DCVNVET said:

posts. "Dude"  :silly:

That's because you were lol. My father used to keep tons of it around that we had to use when we worked on cars together. We'll probably find out at some point that it was made from an alien substance and causes 14 different serious medical conditions. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

That's because you were lol. My father used to keep tons of it around that we had to use when we worked on cars together. We'll probably find out at some point that it was made from an alien substance and causes 14 different serious medical conditions. 

Memory of helping my dad the auto mechanic restoring a Model A Ford when I was a kid. Couldn’t figure out what we used to clean our hands as looked like water but smelled familiar. Finally hit me... oh yeah washing our hands in a tub of gasoline... oh crap!!!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

yup, Glatfelter. Got off the bus there for a football game years ago,and our then a director was a SG alum. A kid looks at him and says "what is THAT smell?". Director looks at him, smiles and says "thats the smell of money son".

That is true I invested a little in Glatefelter about 10 years ago, doubled my money in a year.  Spring Grove was also the home of St Francis Prep one of our high school rivals, I played a soccer game or 2 in the smell of the paper plant. That school closed about 20 years ago their property id now a think tank. The ghosts of that place show up at the haunted Mill every October.

3 hours ago, DCVNVET said:

I'm gonna wash your mouth with soap for talking like that!  "Oh no Mom not the Lava soap again pleaseee.  :sad:

To borrow a line from A Christmas Story... "Over the years, I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. "  :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Memory of helping my dad the auto mechanic restoring a Model A Ford when I was a kid. Couldn’t figure out what we used to clean our hands as looked like water but smelled familiar. Finally hit me... oh yeah washing our hands in a tub of gasoline... oh crap!!!

That and "Goop" were popular. We restored a '63 Mercedes and I still have my '66 Oldsmobile. I'm glad we had a big garage because I think that Olds is about 18' long. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Weaklefthand4ever said:

That and "Goop" were popular. We restored a '63 Mercedes and I still have my '66 Oldsmobile. I'm glad we had a big garage because I think that Olds is about 18' long. 

My dad used Goop a number of times. He was a truck driver for a living, and liked to tinker with the family car in his spare time.

I always thought it was cool that you could wash your hands with that stuff without needing any water.  LOL.

• Like 4