George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

A bunch, but I was thinking as to how JR will reply at times.

I know and he does not hold anything back either its' usually enlightening. Because I don't have my JR Hat, I wear my Ruffed Grouse Hat (state bird of PA). No offense but it reminds me of some DCP posters from that state. Learned about the Ruffed Grouse in the Pioneer thread. Learned V-V=0 the amount of corps that beat SVC at finals. Now have a better way to discuss sexual harassment. There is no telling where DCP can bring you next.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m too old to care if I’m popular with the “important” people.  I believe these young people deserve a safe place to march.  Plain and simple, no agenda.  If someone doesn’t like me for it, I couldn’t give a ####. 

Redd Foxx would supposedly close his show with: if I’ve offended anyone with what I said tonight. I just want you to know from the bottom of my heart.... I don’t give a ####....

as Casey Kassem would say “words to live by”

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I didn't get the hat how many posts do you need to qualify or will I ever get one?

Heck... I've known him for decades and I still don't have one!!! :laughing:

• Haha 2

Well, I’m glad I brought you guys a reason to come together and sing Kumbaya! It takes an outsider to come in and not baa like all the other sheep to cause peoples differences to not seem so bad... after all. I’ve been listening to all of you for the past 9 months... basically most with no first hand experience with regards to Hopkins but that hasn’t stopped you from letting 2nd and 3rd and 4th hand informations/gossip abound. I didn’t realize saying a 3 letter word was Religion, but then I look at the words that ARE allowed and think, oh that’s real nice. I never said to anyone ‘You need to forgive Hopkins’ ... I just spoke real about what I observed. Yea, even he laughed at me when I suggested an alternative approach to a horrible situation, so I expect anything I would say would bring out venom. It’s so easy to scratch poison ivy and it feels soooo good, but, is it?  You can hurt and destroy, judge and incarcerate and if that makes you feel good, then, we’ll I’m just am an advocate for true unity and change, and yes, Grace. 

There is a better way. 

Edited by Lancer79

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Heck... I've known him for decades and I still don't have one!!

Well we all deserve one he keeps DCP focused, thanks Jeff. Send me a design I will use my 3d printer.

27 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Well, I’m glad I brought you guys a reason to come together and sing Kumbaya! It takes an outsider to come in and not baa like all the other sheep to cause peoples differences to not seem so bad... after all. I’ve been listening to all of you for the past 9 months... basically most with no first hand experience with regards to Hopkins but that hasn’t stopped you from letting 2nd and 3rd and 4th hand informations/gossip abound. I didn’t realize saying a 3 letter word was Religion, but then I look at the words that ARE allowed and think, oh that’s real nice. I never said to anyone ‘You need to forgive Hopkins’ ... I just spoke real about what I observed. Yea, even he laughed at me when I suggested an alternative approach to a horrible situation, so I expect anything I would say would bring out venom. It’s so easy to scratch poison ivy and it feels soooo good, but, is it?  You can hurt and destroy, judge and incarcerate and if that makes you feel good, then, we’ll I’m just am an advocate for true unity and change, and yes, Grace. 

There is a better way. 

You have no first hand knowledge either. You were not present when the alleged abuse / assaults occurred. So what’s your point?  Nor am I (or we) judging anybody. Last time I checked I don’t have the power to put anyone in prison. I am rebuking. There’s a difference. I sense you’re a little too far up on your high horse here. Perhaps you could consider that others do have very valid opinions. But I do thank you for bringing this back on topic.

Edited by HockeyDad

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Focus, people. This thread is about Hop. I have been thinking about yesterday’s exchanges on this thread. A Reddit poster described it as someone coming here and “white knighting” for Hopkins.  I don’t know if that was the case, or if the person genuinely believed what she is saying vis a vis Hop finding his higher purpose so to speak. (I don’t want to go there again so leave it at that). It didn’t soften my bad thoughts about Hop’s alleged criminal activity. So I got to wondering if there’s something wrong with me that I’m not forgiving. Ultimately, I think I’ve settled on this:  his musings on fb (not to debate whether they should have been copied here) show no signs of personal remourse. Instead, it reads as an attempt to establish himself as a victim. Yep, that’s all the fashion in society today. I get it. The grievance society. But I’m not buying it. Let’s see how this thing plays out in the courts. For now, any attempt at shooting the messenger or victim blaming (the actual victims of the abuse) should be strongly challenged. Calling them a small group of angry Cadets alumni just out to get Hop would be an example. And if Hop has found his higher purpose, super. But That doesn’t makes the accusations go away. 

One poster making their first post a Georgebot post doesn't constitute a White Knight to me regardless of belief or sincerity. 

As for finding Higher Purpose... One still has to answer for one's crimes here on Earth. One can still forgive, but still want someone to pay for their crime when found guilty. It doesn't mean one gives them a "get out of jail free, oh, nothing happened" card IMHO. From what I've observed, forgiveness is part of a healing process, not really something to try and mitigate a jail sentence.

And forgiving someone for wrongdoing also doesn't mean one should hire them for a corps staff position when the wrongdoing got their teaching license suspended for extremely inappropriate behavior to students or put on a Sex offender list.

Hope I helped frame some things for yah. :satisfied:

I was with him/ talking with him from 9/2017-April 2018. That is my witness. When people on this thread said, how convenient, mockingly saying he Just found (the word forbidden on this site) ... that’s when I signed up to take a stand. For the truth because I was in the room. 

And as far as judging... it’s like I’m asking the fish how wet is the water and they are like... what water?  Just a thought. 

I’m apologize if I sound I’m in a high horse or a bit confrontational... it’s just my Philly ways. I’m not perfect. 

Also, people contact me offline to confirm I am a real person, that’s fine.  

• Haha 1