George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

29 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Dallas Cowboys gear to the Vet when it existed or the Linc now.

Already did that when I was based in Dallas I already knew that they hated the Eagles but they were also afraid of the Eagle Fans. Of course, I capitalized on that. Told them their sports radio show in Dallas is called The Ticket in Philly it's The Whip.  We traveled to Horsham often and one guy would walk behind me because I would probably stick a Dallas Star on his back.
Worked with a lot of Aggies, my boss said that I will be asked what do you call an Aggie 5 years after graduation. Can't post my answer here but the proper answer is BOSS. Just trying to fit in I bought a Longhorn hat for my workstation.

30 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

not based on his facebook posts

What struck me, and friends who read it, about the recent Facebook Manifesto was how remarkably similar it was to his past writings. The only thing that has changed are the references. Numerous mentions of God, church, scripture, Max Lucado, etc. replace the frequent citing of Landmark Forum, "Seth's Blog," the various seminar du jour, podcasts, etc. etc. 

The overarching narrative is still the same: All About Me and My Struggle Against the Other. The "Other" used to be DCI, the Judges, "Cranky" Alumni, Lack of Innovation (as he saw it), Lazy Employees (as he saw them), while now it is the Inquirer, "false accusations," lack of perceived support from friends, etc. 

It's a striking and obvious similarity to the impartial observer, and hard to see how it will be beneficial to him with his current challenges. What's presented is a consistent individual, rather than a reformed one. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

While i'm thrilled you were able to detect that, the tone of your words implied a superiority complex, which is not helping your arguments in which you apply to defend a man accused by 12 women of sexual assault, and indicted by a county DA on 2 of the charges. One would think being humble and showing a sense of understanding and compassion the likes you wants others to show would suit your purposes best.

And, to get away from big words for a second, while I've not assigned guilt or blame for the accusations, instead waiting for the law to do that, coming into the second most anti Hopkins place on earth trying to defend him is akin to wearing Dallas Cowboys gear to the Vet when it existed or the Linc now. If you thought you would get treated well and taken seriously, well.....You'll be most likely visiting stadium security and/or the medical staff

A great analogy! I’m from Philly and live in Dallas!!! I try to keep my mouth shut but sometimes do refer to them as Cowgirls! I don’t view myself as an outlier to this group. I marched in DCI for 3 years. 79-81. I’m as hardcore as anyone here with my love for music and drum corps!   I don’t intend to come across as judgmental... maybe I do feel a bit defensive. I just want to back this train up and I know many would say it’s to late for that tootsie.  I am not playing a finite game but an infinite one. I would like to see genuine healing occur.

8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Well... I will automatically disregard anyone there who uses a Three Stooges name for their Internet identity.

I hear you with Reddit this could be all on person, no regulators just post away.

32 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Go for it, trust HockeyDad he knows what he is talking about. I know you will do well. Best of luck

32 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Go for it, trust HockeyDad he knows what he is talking about. I know you will do well. Best of luck

I’ve been writing software for a few year too! 

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes. Obviously. But since he claims to have found religion etc., I’m running with that to see if he’s sincere or if this is just another in a long history of attempted manipulation on his part. 

Whatever he has found inside himself, there is no way he would be making public statements prior to his upcoming trial. At least, I am positive his attorney would be telling him that. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lancer79 said:

I’ve been writing software for a few year too! 

That's good there is a huge demand for folks who can write software. We try to add some humor to take the edge off of all the seriousness. 

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes. Obviously. But since he claims to have found religion etc., I’m running with that to see if he’s sincere or if this is just another in a long history of attempted manipulation on his part. 

I think it will be tough to know if he is sincere, though I appreciate you might give him a chance at it. It’s certainly a possibility. But predators and abusers are great manipulators, as others have noted. They fool their victims. They can even fool non-victims into thinking there is something redeeming about them.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I doubt the lawyers would allow and conversation or dialogue between the parties at this time.  This would have been one of the ways I would have like to seen this handled prior to the draconian ultimatum by the small group of Alumni. They wouldn’t even give the names of the women. It wasn’t handled to find healing and alternative approaches, it was handled to persecute and prosecute and make sure retribution was delivered to him in every possible way. The George I know now would want peace and healing and dialogue. At this point the Attorneys are running the show and no attorney want their clients to speak about the case. That’s textbook 101!

Well, that’s *a* view. Another viewpoint is that swift and decisive action had to be taken to remove the cancer that was Hopkins in order to save the corps and protect the MMs, not to mention staff, from his further abuse. 

51 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

The George I know now would want peace and healing and dialogue. At this point the Attorneys are running the show and no attorney want their clients to speak about the case. That’s textbook 101!

The George I know wants a platform and a megaphone. And a mirror to admire himself in. 

• Haha 1