George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

16 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

yes I'm well aware of how he works. It's the reason ( not this topic ) why I  chose to not work with him in the past. Even when given the opportunity

Good insight, this whole saga is unfolding like a best selling fiction. It's a shame were not posting about how many goosebumbs we will get from the bits and pieces of show news. I am sure we will get back to that soon.

• Like 1

Did you actually say empathy?..........................................................................................................................................................

ok Lancer79.........................honest question. In the few months you spent with (I will no longer call him Mr. Hopkins) GH, how did he enlighten you with his hardships, everyone against him, etc

My empathy goes to victims/survivors and their families for personal reasons. Either way hopefully everything will come out in court and due action will be taken. And no amount of later prayer, soul searching or pointing fingers on social media will change that. IMO discussing GHs religious dealing or feeling is totally irrelevant to this thread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

There can be plenty of 1/2 truths in all of this BUT I will say as I did in the beginning ( tried to stay clear of all this back and forth) If these alumni went looking for these women WHAT DId THEY KNOW  way back when it happened and WHY didn't they say something then. 

If the victims do not want to be exposed, which I suspect is often the case, that puts those who know in the difficult position of either failing to warn others of potential future abuse or betraying the wishes of the victims.  If they think it won't happen again to anyone else, and I suspect many people wishfully believe that (they don't necessarily know when there have already been additional victims) I can see where they might think they are doing the right thing by staying silent.  And to do otherwise might discourage the victims from confiding in anyone, which could make it harder to cope and process what happened at a very difficult time.  

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, skevinp said:

If the victims do not want to be exposed, which I suspect is often the case, that puts those who know in the difficult position of either failing to warn others of potential future abuse or betraying the wishes of the victims.  If they think it won't happen again to anyone else, and I suspect many people wishfully believe that (they don't necessarily know when there have already been additional victims) I can see where they might think they are doing the right thing by staying silent.  And to do otherwise might discourage the victims from confiding in anyone, which could make it harder to cope and process what happened at a very difficult time.  

People always questioning why women don’t come forward...I think that blog post on Medium.com is exhibit A. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, skevinp said:

thats another way to look at it for sure

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Insane, he just exposed himself to comments on The Medium, why? Are they going to fill up with sympathy for George? I will give you a break and not post the song that the rolling stones made famous about sympathy.
What if real questions show up? I don't have the heart to beat anyone down but he is sure leaving himself open.

The first response I read there knocked it out of the park.  Recommended reading.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, year1buick said:

If I’m reading your first post correctly, you believe that his accusers are lying and that their accusations are baseless and done only out of spite, correct? I think most people here do not share this opinion. (Pardon me if this has been discussed since— I’m on a short break and don’t have time to read through the past week’s worth of posts.)

His faith (newfound or otherwise) has NOTHING to do with the facts of this case or his guilt or innocence. I read his comments as more of a backhanded shot at his accusers and detractors, with a little bit of woe-is-me thrown in to boot. I have no empathy for him.

I did not say anything about the women. Absolutely not! I believe they were very hurt very much. I’m sorry you took what I wrote that way. That was not my intention.

20 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

People always questioning why women don’t come forward...I think that blog post on Medium.com is exhibit A. 

I do not know you Terri, just from what you post, which if I may say are always , from what I can tell from the heart.

You have stated you went thru a similar situation, for that I am sorry you had to.

That said, as I have said in a previous post, do not mess with women or children.

Exhibit A is classic narcissist behavior.

I honestly hope the allegations are not true. I really do.

Again innocent until proven guilty.

But, and I will say, Lancer 79, if you are not GH, you are actually doing more harm than good defending.

32 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I could not agree with you more Terri.

• Like 1