George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

3 hours ago, NakedEye said:

As a very wise mentor once told me, "it's either EVERYONE else, or it's you." Best advice anyone could give. 

Hmmm...never heard "she who must not be named" called a "wise mentor" before.    😎  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My empathy goes to victims/survivors and their families for personal reasons. Either way hopefully everything will come out in court and due action will be taken. And no amount of later prayer, soul searching or pointing fingers on social media will change that. IMO discussing GHs religious dealing or feeling is totally irrelevant to this thread.

mine also goes to those who are collateral damage just because they worked there...but did nothing wrong

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

People always questioning why women don’t come forward...I think that blog post on Medium.com is exhibit A. 

and if you think back to the original article, many said they didn't come forward because they were afraid it would kill the corps, because everything was set up so all things flowed through him

Every person handles things differently. 

As a woman working I had a senior manager walk into a room while I was fixing a computer cable under his desk. I didn’t know him. Upon seeing me on my hands and knees, said something inappropriate. I stood up and told him his comments were such, I went to HR and by the end of the day, he apologized. The next week I was laid off. Then I worked for a small company in Chicago and when I stood up to the owner, she physically hit me. I spoke with an attorney and he said my only recourse would be to find a new job, as a single mom I need the job, I did but it took a year to do so. I could fill a page of situations where asserting men and women have been out of line with me... a power thing. I’m not the quiet type. Obviously. Many people are. That’s their choice. But I believe everyone deserves to be heard.  Hard for me to understand the collective silence over the years but that’s me.  I wasn’t there... but I’ve had my own abuse I have dealt with. 

2 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Every person handles things differently. 

As a woman working I had a senior manager walk into a room while I was fixing a computer cable under his desk. I didn’t know him. Upon seeing me on my hands and knees, said something inappropriate. I stood up and told him his comments were such, I went to HR and by the end of the day, he apologized. The next week I was laid off. Then I worked for a small company in Chicago and when I stood up to the owner, she physically hit me. I spoke with an attorney and he said my only recourse would be to find a new job, as a single mom I need the job, I did but it took a year to do so. I could fill a page of situations where asserting men and women have been out of line with me... a power thing. I’m not the quiet type. Obviously. Many people are. That’s their choice. But I believe everyone deserves to be heard.  Hard for me to understand the collective silence over the years but that’s me.  I wasn’t there... but I’ve had my own abuse I have dealt with. 

Why are you posting this?

What is your point?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

Why are you posting this?

What is your point?

Stating that I have empathy for the women. Everyone is saying I’m only an advocate for George.

Of all people, yes GH was vocal on social media to a fault, maybe he confided with his daughter, definetly not his ex wife,  but why you?

Please take care in responding to posts in this thread.

Whether or not you agree with what an individual posts, attacking and demeaning the poster is off limits, according to the terms of DCP. Disagreeing with information is fine; making personal comments about a poster is not.

• Thanks 1