George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

28 minutes ago, skevinp said:

You can just say 'tango foxtrot.  I think that's in now.

The pilot in me loves your response...

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

The first response I read there knocked it out of the park.  Recommended reading.

Took his ball and went home already: "The author has chosen not to show responses on this story. You can still respond by clicking the response bubble."

11 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Please take care in responding to posts in this thread.

Whether or not you agree with what an individual posts, attacking and demeaning the poster is off limits, according to the terms of DCP. Disagreeing with information is fine; making personal comments about a poster is not.

:34_rolling_eyes:

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

People always questioning why women don’t come forward...I think that blog post on Medium.com is exhibit A. 

Exhibit A just went south. I have been monitoring the comments on The Medium, they started off talking about his Constitutional Rights and a few other support posts. Getting a snow storm here so we had to go to the store.
Now it says the author has decided to close the comment section but you could still leave a comment. He joined The Medium Jan 2019. As the hopper turns???

59 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I have not met a woman that doesn’t have stories of abuse by men. Or just broader, by people in power. I have spent years interviewing people like this. I have logged over 3,000 hours, just listening and understanding. I sought out George because he fit the profile of someone I wanted to listen to and understand.  I’m not driven to judge, I’m driven to understand and help if I can. On a personal note, I’ve found that my faith and belief not only helped me but is something I have extended to others. IMO it’s about (word I can’t saw) and Grace.

So you extend 'grace' to the accusers and the accused but based on your posting here and on FB only believe the accused. Is that correct?

55 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I came into this site to defend the fact that George’s beginnings of (Word I can’t say) and prayer began in fall of 2017. People were mocking that his faith began AFTER he was accused. That’s the only reason I joined was to give that witness.  When he and I spoke I wasn’t interested in asking him about his past and I didn’t, only after a couple of months I asked him what a Hop talk was. Oh and I did ask him about a drummer he marched with in Crossmen... that’s about it.

He has said in his writings that they knew this ball was going to drop before the article came out. Seems he sought legal and professional advice well in advance of the article. I don't consider April 2018 as the time stamp of him being accused. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

I have not met a woman that doesn’t have stories of abuse by men. Or just broader, by people in power. I have spent years interviewing people like this. I have logged over 3,000 hours, just listening and understanding. I sought out George because he fit the profile of someone I wanted to listen to and understand.  I’m not driven to judge, I’m driven to understand and help if I can. On a personal note, I’ve found that my faith and belief not only helped me but is something I have extended to others. IMO it’s about (word I can’t saw) and Grace.

How did I miss the first line: I have not met a woman that doesn’t have stories of abuse

Unless there is something clarifying that statement it just comes across as “they all say that”....

not an attack just an observation 

48 minutes ago, rmm155 said:

Took his ball and went home already: "The author has chosen not to show responses on this story. You can still respond by clicking the response bubble."

That first response from Cyrus was incredibly civil and exactly what he asked for...

0RrxZZa.jpg

Huh. Guess he didn't mean that after all. Color me shocked. 

Sincerely, 

The guy that wishes he had screen shot Cyrus's comment.

• Like 1