George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

2 minutes ago, oldcadetsop said:

She is passionate and it was a great conversation.

I’m glad to hear it. We have had PMs and she certainly knew about events from the season 79 Lancers experienced. I did not know her personally ... I hung out with a different crowd ... but what she recollected lined up with our season.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

I'll pray for her. How's that? Just like I would pray for the people that think the Boston Marathon bombers are innocent.

You missed the point. She said she had a conversation with him,  which in the way she described s not something made up.

not sure why it's wrong to ask why anybody would say that victims of sexual assault who don't speak up are "the quiet type". 

that's a reductive way of looking at survivors, and bears some scrutiny, i think. 

Edited by Lance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I'll pray for her. How's that? Just like I would pray for the people that think the Boston Marathon bombers are innocent.

Thank you! I will always accept a prayer! 🤗

It was a real nice conversation. Honest and open.  I grilled her and every answer was open and honest, That goes a looooooooooooooong way with me

2 minutes ago, Lance said:

not sure why it's wrong to ask why anybody would say that victims of sexual assault who speak up are "the quiet type". 

that's a reductive way of looking at survivors, and bears some scrutiny, i think. 

Well I wasn’t sure what words to use.  I just know and have friends that don’t speak and hold things in.  So I said quiet. I am just trying NOT to label anyone but one thing I do know. People are not mind readers. And this is really going to get me in trouble... men don’t sit and wonder... I wonder what she’s thinking.  Men are definitely not mind readers! 😬

1 minute ago, MikeD said:

Please make this the last word on the individual poster. The thread is getting dangerously close to being shut down over the recent personal commentary.

Don’t worry.  I’m out.  Later as Jim Schehr would say. 

1 minute ago, MikeD said:

Please make this the last word on the individual poster. The thread is getting dangerously close to being shut down over the recent personal commentary.

You’ve got it.

6 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Well I wasn’t sure what words to use.  I just know and have friends that don’t speak and hold things in.  So I said quiet. I am just trying NOT to label anyone but one thing I do know. People are not mind readers. And this is really going to get me in trouble... men don’t sit and wonder... I wonder what she’s thinking.  Men are definitely not mind readers! 😬

One question for you. 

Are you diddpara on drumcorps Reddit?