George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

3 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

Do you think GH is learning how to craft shanks from plastic eating utensils to get ready for prison?

If he is to do some time, it might happen over a year from now.  Plenty of time to start hitting the gym and learning how to fight.  Then again, his legal team might get him classified as a PC inmate.

Edited by Ghost

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If he is to do some time, it might happy over a year from now.  Plenty of time to start hitting the gym and learning how to fight.  Then again, his legal time might get him classified as a PC inmate.

Had to google it but interesting idea. Sandusky got it but he dealt with kids and lot more well known. Irony is if found guilty he might be processed at a prison just a few miles from where he is now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

Lets keep your hat on Bluzes guy. Let’s see if the old Alumni have the ability to play nice.  Now they are back in the pool. I’m a believer about many things but these guys/women/haters need to play a new tune. Can they? We shall see.

If by, "hater," you mean, "people who disagree with a 30+ year pattern of sexual assault," then sure, I'm a hater.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

At this point... they are happy campers. They got their wish. “Mission Accomplished!”  One of them posted on a public FB page last April. They are not going to be saying anything at this point. IMO

Yes they eliminated the person who was dragging the organization down. Do you think that was a bad move?

7 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Who were they hurt by?  Should the perpetrator be held accountable?

Interesting that I don’t get answers to my questions 

20 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes they eliminated the person who was dragging the organization down. Do you think that was a bad move?

Geez! Hockey Dad, I’m at the movies!  Relax 😊

After a 35 year break I came back to drum Corp because I somehow in June 2017 came upon a GH livestream. So then I joined Flo-marching  and caught every show I could because I loved that show, that corps! I even filled out a lengthy survey from dci about how awesome the daily live-streams and Cadets were. Heck I even started donating... often! So I don’t agree with the statement running the corps into the ground. I ask you, did the Garfield Cadets 80’s and 90’s,  have a whole bunch of people doubting them and gossiping about them - no they did not. They were a unified unit! I would imagine over time the negativity and outside friction would have taken it’s toll.  Was it one sided, no, did George say he wished he would have handled personal interactions with the Alumni differently, he absolutely did. He was one man wereing many hats. He was far from a perfect human. But I’m sorry, maybe the corps wasn’t winning DCI but they were still amazing! It just didn’t have to happen, this way.  

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

answers to my questions 

HockeyDad your questions are too hard for us here on DCP. Now if you have any questions about Blue I am your man.

5 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

Lets keep your hat on Bluzes guy. Let’s see if the old Alumni have the ability to play nice.  Now they are back in the pool. I’m a believer about many things but these guys/women/haters need to play a new tune. Can they? We shall see.

the old alumni defense isn't going to help in court

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

Nope there are definitely some men in that group!  I saw FB post last summer when the corps was asking for donations and the group was animate... no support until you take him out of the HOF. Hmmm not a good sign, but that was last year. They are meeting in Feb to find ways to support the corps. Positive thoughts! 

Guess what...given how my corps was pushed into financial ruin, i'd be a little vocal before blindly forking over cash too. 

but the old alumni had it out for him defense won't go anywhere in court

• Thanks 1