George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

If the Bart Simpson defense doesn't work:

I didn't do it.  Nobody saw me do it.  You can prove a thing.

There is always the Chewbacca defense.  Some of what has recently appeared in social media has been just as cartoonish it seems.

8 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Jeff how did you know that is in The Chiefs playbook for tomorrow? Before you know it it will be all over Reddit & The Medium.

I knew because Andy Reid won’t change and clock management will be his downfall 

15 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

I don’t think the judge cares. 

They aren’t good on gaslighting and witness tampering which legal people I know viewed it as 

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Daave said:

If the Bart Simpson defense doesn't work:

I didn't do it.  Nobody saw me do it.  You can prove a thing.

As you say Daave. And there are certainly some phrases in what GH posted that don't help even a little bit. Saying things like "you can't prove anything" is practically a Narcissism Bat Signal. There are plenty of others as we are probably all aware and regardless of anything else (I'm looking at this as a court matter,) the Nar-c-meter has been at full peg for a LONG time with George. 

I don't know whether or not the man is innocent or guilty. Here is what I don't think can be refuted:

1. 12 female survivors have come forward with claims of some form of misconduct. We, as a group (some individuals may have more contact and knowledge than others,) don't have much in the way of specifics beyond (I believe,) 2 specific claims. I think this is fact in as far as I understand it. 
  2. We all feel that DCI knows or knew more than what has been spoken about. We are all frustrated and in many ways, I think ASHAMED, that the activity that we care about has been brought to light in this way. I don't think any of us are dullards.....we all knew something was going to eventually happen and in fact that things probably HAD been happening for a very long time. Hell, some of the folks like Jeff, Terri and BigW called out DCA 2+ years ago if I'm not mistaken. Nothing moved...nothing changed. And now we're all in "I told you so you stupid #######'s!" mode. I, for one am sad and quite frankly, angry.
  3. GH, famously, butted heads with a LOT of people and was quite vocal in his "Because I'm George Hopkins is why" attitude. Now if you've never dealt with a narcissist (clinical) on a full time basis, that sort of statement is about as tame as it gets. They manipulate and lie to take advantage of any situation they feel drawn to. And if they can't do it one way, they'll find another and then blame everyone else for the damage caused. Whether guilty or not, GH has done this his entire drum corps career. "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" as St. Bernard said. 
  4. For some reason and in fitting with literally the fundamental definitions of NPD, GH seems to not be able to JUST SHUT UP and do what his lawyers supposedly suggested. For anyone that deals with folks who fall into this spectrum (and there a lot of you on here who deal or have dealt with it....especially former / current teachers,) you can almost write it all out like a play and just sit back and put ticks on the check list. 

Look, I don't know whether or not the cat is guilty or not. I can only judge what I am currently seeing and hearing. I don't think it's a conspiracy by ANY means. I know I didn't particularly like some of the things he tried to do in DCI over the last 30+ years that I've been involved but that's neither here nor there, and many of his posts over the years were so #### ego driven that I have sometimes wanted to punch MYSELF in the throat for reading them. But I KNOW narcissism and good Lord that man is a narcissist or a #### good actor trying to play one (and should get a Golden Globe.)

P.S. - Sorry if my post makes no sense. Early flight from Canada. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Whatever you think of Hopkins, there is zero chance he would make such an admission prior to a trial. That would be suicidal.

Very true Mike. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

I knew because Andy Reid won’t change and clock management will be his downfall

Forgot how well you know Andy. It's a winter wonderland here today lots of snow. I hope them Colts are just as soft as dci fans and can't handle the elements outside of LOS.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Whatever you think of Hopkins, there is zero chance he would make such an admission prior to a trial. That would be suicidal.

Yes. I think that talk (and I was part of it full disclosure) was more directed at Lancer as a logical conclusion- i.e. can one be forgiven if he has not admitted anything or asked for forgiveness?  I don’t think anyone expects GH to admit to anything, even if he ultimately is convicted. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes. I think that talk (and I was part of it full disclosure) was more directed at Lancer as a logical conclusion- i.e. can one be forgiven if he has not admitted anything or asked for forgiveness?  I don’t think anyone expects GH to admit to anything, even if he ultimately is convicted. 

/agree

And with something that's such a hot-button issue, emotion comes out on both sides of the aisle. And I think the closer you are to the story in regards to shared experiences, the more logical it would seem that you will be solidly planted in your own emotional connection. 

• Like 1