George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

When I march in the 27th Lancer in 1979, the staffs compensation was 0-$500 for the season. George Bonfiglio would take out a second mortgage to keep the corps on the field... the times have changed. 

Staff compensation is far more substantial now. even in that era, certain people had a pretty good side hustle going between drill design or arranging and their actual job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigW said:

Staff compensation is far more substantial now. even in that era, certain people had a pretty good side hustle going between drill design or arranging and their actual job.

That is correct. They instructed because they LOVED the corps and were able to take that experience and profit in the HS Bands. After 27 I was paid $25 an hour to instruct winter guard, all because I marched 27! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Is this year any different sans Hop?

Right now they’re recovering from Hop

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

They constantly asked for money. They’d take a day in spring training for the kids to reach out for donations 

The modern-era version of Tag Day.  :tongue:

Actually, I know at least one corps that still has a tag day/weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I remember doing this BITD

Me too. My local junior cops, for at least the first few years I was there.  We were fairly well-known in our hometown, so we did pretty well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I knew because Andy Reid won’t change and clock management will be his downfall 

That Ole Alumni Defense is working out so far.

I’ve proposed virtual membership and letting those members pay dues so they can go on tour and be on the field but I guess im to understand that DCI owns the rights, audio and video, to the corps 11 minutes on the field. I still think a corps size could for from actual 150.. to 400-500 virtual members.

Edited by Lancer79
  • Confused 1

<never mind> off topic

Edited by Lancer79
Off topic
  • Confused 1