George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

maybe they have the licensing

There is no maybe about it dci is taking upon themselves to do this is for their own bottom line. Why was it so easy for BD to open their private server to the public?

How many, concerts & music festivals where the original artists play their music start off with a statement distrusting their fans and they lie to them as dci does. " to protect the original artists your not allowed to take video clips" (of your own children). It's not the original artist they already came to terms with the internet and gave permission for the corps to play & stream. Show after show they lie to us and laugh all the way to the bank. Call me a fool, stupid or ignorant whatever you want but dci is turning out to be one big lie.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

I doubt it, at least I hope not. The case is a criminal case of sexual assault against two women. Anything else just muddies the waters, IMO. We on social media tend to lump things together. I even saw posts on FB mixing the legal case with GH pushing for woodwinds in drum corps. The prosecution will hopefully be laser focused on the assaults and not allow the case to wander around. If a piece of financial information is pertinent to that case, then they'd bring it as part of the assault testimony/evidence, but that is about it.

Hence overlap because some of the accusations that took place during YEA related meetings 

4 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

IF the defendant is guilty of more than what has been charged of in this case

I am the dumb one here so disregard anything I say. George not showing up for prelims is limiting open discovery that aids the defense so now the DA just needs to hide their intentions within the discovery documents and does not need to explain themselves at this stage in the proceedings. It puts his defense, on the defensive, his lawyer saying they are going to trial could be a ploy to get the best plea deal. The DA is weighing out their options. Do they have a slam dunk case or are they risking a costly trial just to lose by offering a better plea deal? I don't think any of us know and his lawyer has the right to change his intentions at will, going to trial today or taking a plea deal tomorrow.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

I am the dumb one here so disregard anything I say. George not showing up for prelims is limiting open discovery that aids the defense so the DA just needs to hide their intentions within the discovery documents and does not need to explain themselves at this stage in the proceedings. It puts his defense, on the defensive, his lawyer saying they are going to trial is could be a ploy to get the best plea deal. The DA is weighing out their options. Do they have a slam dunk case or are they risking a costly trial just to lose? I don't think any of us know and his lawyer has the right to change his intentions at will, going to trial today or taking a plea deal tomorrow.

Nah, not dumb at all actually. I think I have that title sewn up. Sounds pretty on point to me as a possibility. 

3 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Nah, not dumb at all actually. I think I have that title sewn up. Sounds pretty on point to me as a possibility. 

It's a much sought after title on DCP. I don't think you are in the running so you better step up your game.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

It's a much sought after title on DCP. I don't think you are in the running so you better step up your game.

We can have a full retreat at finals and give it out.

"And with a score of 99.325...Dullard Of The Year...."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

We can have a full retreat at finals and give it out.

"And with a score of 99.325...Dullard Of The Year...."

typically people who comment on how "stupid everyone else is" win :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

That said, I suspect it will go to trial because GH himself will not be willing to plead guilty to anything.

Nailed it we are dealing with GH and anything is possible. The last thing drum corps needs going into 2019 is GH being perped walked in and out of court on TV every day over a long trial. That will definitely hurt housing around Allentown and maybe elsewhere if it lands up on the news wires in other markets (Indy Star). Since it's pitting it right in the School Administrators face giving them the justification they need to fight the band directors on housing. It is in the best interest of anyone who loves drum corps for this to go away. However, we are not the survivors they deserve justice. Their opinions/ feelings are what counts I am with them justice first or go away whatever they feel is best I stand with them.

10 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Nailed it we are dealing with GH and anything is possible. The last thing drum corps needs going into 2019 is GH being perped walked in and out of court on TV every day over a long trial. That will definitely hurt housing around Allentown and maybe elsewhere if it lands up on the news wires in other markets (Indy Star). Since it's pitting it right in the School Administrators face giving them the justification they need to fight the band directors on housing. It is in the best interest of anyone who loves drum corps for this to go away. However, we are not the survivors they deserve justice. Their opinions/ feelings are what counts I am with them justice first or go away whatever they feel is best I stand with them.

My HOPE is that the trial will be swift and decisive and that DCI has all the pieces in place by the time it happens to make sure that the MM's and staff are safe and getting the great experience that they deserve. If DCI / DCA don't get their ducks in a row, then I would think everyone who has brought up the possibility of continued housing issues will be 100% correct. 

43 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

typically people who comment on how "stupid everyone else is" win :whistle:

This is huge coming from you. If there were such a rating you are at the other end we are already being measured by the number of posts vs positive comments. You, George, are a superstar a +1000% batting average. I am batting 405 while some of my critics are batting in the low 100s, go figure. Regardless DCP is a fun and enlightening place, but like I say we are all being monitored one way or the other.

Edited by Bluzes
typo