George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

22 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Don't forget, the charges made that are being prosecuted are ONLY about what happened to two women...only the two women still within the statute of limitations. None of the rest of this has anything at all to do with the upcoming trial. The rest of the Hoppy/YEA stuff is irrelevant in the legal sense. Of course, it plays a good part in the public discussion here and elsewhere, but it is not what he is being prosecuted for. Testimony by some of the earlier victims may play a role in establishing past behavior, as happened in the Cosby case, but the actual case is only for what he is alleged to have done to the two women he has been charged with assaulting. 

I believe that some of the allegedly assaulted women (one of whom I personally know) other than those in the indictment have been interviewed by the prosecutor; and possibly testified to the Grand Jury.  I don't know how much of this can be put into evidence but I am pretty sure the PA State's Attorney knows what (s)he is doing.  

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I believe that some of the allegedly assaulted women (one of whom I personally know) other than those in the indictment have been interviewed by the prosecutor; and possibly testified to the Grand Jury.  I don't know how much of this can be put into evidence but I am pretty sure the PA State's Attorney knows what (s)he is doing.  

Agree. They can be used to establish a pattern of abuse. George's attorney will fight to minimize the permissible number, while the prosecution will fight to be permitted to call as many as possible. The judge will decide how many will be permitted, trying balance the need to establish the pattern against "piling on" and impacting the jury's ability to render a verdict on ONLY the two women that are part of the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

i forget are all the other women past time limit or just trying these cases at the present 

I think all of the other women who came forward were outside the statute of limitations. At least, one of the articles I just reread today stated that.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Right now they’re recovering from Hop

I thought they were still recovering from the living gold statue show....barf.

27 minutes ago, MikeD said:

As to other corps directors...FWIW George was the head of a much larger organization than just the Cadets, so a direct comparison to other directors is not really relevant.

Yeah keep forgetting the severence is from YEA umbrella and not just Cadets. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Don't forget, the charges made that are being prosecuted are ONLY about what happened to two women...only the two women still within the statute of limitations. None of the rest of this has anything at all to do with the upcoming trial. The rest of the Hoppy/YEA stuff is irrelevant in the legal sense. Of course, it plays a good part in the public discussion here and elsewhere, but it is not what he is being prosecuted for. Testimony by some of the earlier victims may play a role in establishing past behavior, as happened in the Cosby case, but the actual case is only for what he is alleged to have done to the two women he has been charged with assaulting. 

Right. keep in mind also that if he is convicted on these charges, there may be an opportunity for the other victims to testify at the sentencing hearing.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, exitmusic said:

Right. keep in mind also that if he is convicted on these charges, there may be an opportunity for the other victims to testify at the sentencing hearing.

That is a very good point.  

22 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Him passing on the preliminary hearing is a missed opportunity for his defense to get out ahead of things. This usually means they are about to make a plea deal or just pled guilty. This may never go to trial.

3 hours ago, Lance said:

what is this thread?

It's a combination thread about A GH show about time and a 2019 prediction about how long the MMs keeps in jail throughout the show all based on the # 10.

Edited by Bluzes

18 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Him passing on the preliminary hearing is a missed opportunity for his defense to get out ahead of things. This usually means they are about to make a plea deal or just pled guilty. This may never go to trial.

Not at all true. His attorney has stated that they are going to trial. Skipping the prelim just shortens discovery. No loss for the defense.