camel lips

George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

That is a totally separate item, obviously, and not part of the criminal case with the two women.

The financial lawsuit really swings on whether or not his 'resignation' was legit. If not, and the new admin/board's firing of him for cause is upheld, then his claim goes away. 

 

I have a feeling there will be some overlap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

they are the ones that create the video feeds/blurays. thats why they are policing

Edited by Bluzes
double post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

 

 
7
 
 

 

Edited by Bluzes
remove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:
7 hours ago, Bluzes said:

nothing see below

they are the ones that create the video feeds/blurays. thats why they are policing

So it is not the original artists but the profitability of dci. They are not required by the original artists to police YT. DCI has DCP confused why didn't anyone step in and take down Kids Grove Scouts 2018 Les Miz final performance from yesterday? Because DCE does not police the net and still offers media. If someone posted 2018 Bloo it would have been taken down, you're the devil, what's the difference? 

How come the Rose Bowl Band Fest showed up on YT within hours. Why does BFDTV on YT need to dance around dci corps as long as it's not live? The Plymouth or York alumni shows are there on YT. You could go on and on why can Bands and Corps that show up at Disney stay on YT for years. The mummers, BOD Bands? The people running dci are using state of the art sniffers to stamp this out on the net.

BD has fixed the pay down the road issue for their MMs by posting their shows for free, dci is not sniffing that out, would they dare question the wisdom of BD, good for them. Dci spent little time on Health & Saftey until their hand was forced. Dci's real motives are coming to light every day indicating where their real priorities are and it's not standing by the MMs. 

So 6 years from now a member of the 2018 Calgary Stampeders can for free share their Sound Sport experience with their children on YT. But outside of BD dci keeps their hand in the MMs pockets for life. What a hoot. 

Edited by Bluzes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

So it is not the original artists but the profitability of dci. They are not required by the original artists to police YT. DCI has DCP confused why didn't anyone step in and take down Kids Grove Scouts 2018 Les Miz final performance from yesterday? Because DCE does not police the net and still offers media. If someone posted 2018 Bloo it would have been taken down, you're the devil, what's the difference? 

How come the Rose Bowl Band Fest showed up on YT within hours. Why does BFDTV on YT need to dance around dci corps as long as it's not live? The Plymouth or York alumni shows are there on YT. You could go on and on why can Bands and Corps that show up at Disney stay on YT for years. The mummers, BOD Bands? The people running dci are using state of the art sniffers to stamp this out on the net.

BD has fixed the pay down the road issue for their MMs by posting their shows for free, dci is not sniffing that out, would they dare question the wisdom of BD, good for them. Dci spent little time on Health & Saftey until their hand was forced. Dci's real motives are coming to light every day indicating where their real priorities are and it's not standing by the MMs. 

So 6 years from now a member of the 2018 Calgary Stampeders can for free share their Sound Sport experience with their children on YT. But outside of BD dci keeps their hand in the MMs pockets for life. What a hoot. 

Original artists (creators of the music) are not responsible to police rogue yt postings. Groups in the yt vids performing are responsible for making sure they have licensing to have those performances appear on yt. For Kidsgrove, mummers etc maybe they have the licensing set so they can have vids on the web without repercussions. Cabs used to have a vid a year from about 67-2000s on their home site. That disappeared when Tressona and such started getting hardcore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BigW said:

Sometimes we have the Major from Monty Python appear, Fran.

Stop being silly BigW!

monty_python_silly.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Stop being silly BigW!

monty_python_silly.jpg

After reading all this MY BRAIN HURTS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I believe that some of the allegedly assaulted women (one of whom I personally know) other than those in the indictment have been interviewed by the prosecutor; and possibly testified to the Grand Jury.  I don't know how much of this can be put into evidence but I am pretty sure the PA State's Attorney knows what (s)he is doing. 

And I think this would sort of fall in line with some of the reasons for which someone would waive the prelim. I'm certainly not a lawyer (that would have saved a LOT of money in divorce cases though....stupid music degree /le sigh,) but it seems the stock and standard reasons for waiving it are easy enough to see. That being said, people far smarter than me could probably come up with 100 reasons why you would waive that right and have no guilt what so ever. 

IF the defendant is guilty of more than what has been charged of in this case (and again, I don't KNOW that GH is guilty of anything,) then wouldn't waiver of a prelim limit:

  1. Potentially damning evidence that could come from additional sources (i.e. survivors) 

- and - 

       2. Limit the amount of evidence that a sentencing judge would hear IF the individual plans to  plead guilty or no contest to? 

Again, I'm just asking questions here. I have learned to assume nothing in this world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I have a feeling there will be some overlap

Typically some sort of settlement gets paid out, but in this case YEA! appears to have cause for termination and they should be ok. Especially in today’s legal climate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Typically some sort of settlement gets paid out, but in this case YEA! appears to have cause for termination and they should be ok. Especially in today’s legal climate 

The civil suit is not about whether GH was terminated for cause, it's about which version of the Employment Agreement was effective when his employment was terminated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.