2019 Tour Schedule!

Just looked at the schedule. A few thoughts:

There is no show in Rhode Island this year. This surprises me since many of the corps that competed the Bristol, later Cranston show on July 3rd are in the Bristol parade the following day. Many are also in July 4th parades in other cities and towns. Not sure what this means for New England parades, especially where there is  July 2nd show in New Jersey. I do know attendance has been down since moving it from Bristol to Cranston. However, this would not be the first time that the Rhode Island show was not listed in the earliest tour schedule.

A Nashua, NH Open Class show is listed, hosted I'm assuming by Spartans. I saw Les Stentors are in the line up. Glad they are back.

The line up for CYO Nationals Tribute is very good. I wasn't sure if this show was going to take place. Word was we'd be down a show in New England, and I assumed it would be CYO Nationals Tribute, not Cranston. 

Looking forward to seeing Music City. Surf won't be coming to Boston again this year which is too bad. Thought we'd be seeing Phantom or Madison which as of now is not the case. We won't be seeing Crossmen, a regular competitor. Hoped we'd se Blue Stars too.

57 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Too bad - new Ames Field is one of the best venues in all DCI (old Ames not so much.  But I was there in 1980 when SOA supposedly broke the window in pressbox.  But that is a different story).

With both OC finals and the early-season show Cavaliers host there gone, I suspect the issue might be on the venue's side. I'll miss the place. Not only is there a Dairy Queen right next to the stadium, but my corps' housing site had an ice cream vending machine in it (yes, this was in a public school. Michigan City High School students are pretty lucky). I ask for a moment of silence for all the ice cream that will never be eaten this summer.

• Like 2

Well, it appears that last year was a one & done for the Dome in St. Louis..........boo. It was fantastic to spend a full day enjoying 20 corps performances, without threat of weather cancellation.

I told DA to come back in 2019........but he didn't apparently listen. 

So, I guess it's back to my previous pattern.........Lisle [better line-up IMO w/ Cadets & SCV] &/or Dekalb TofC [although Mandarins are there...] 5 out of 8 corps are at both shows.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JAZZER said:

Well, it appears that last year was a one & done for the Dome in St. Louis..........boo. It was fantastic to spend a full day enjoying 20 corps performances, without threat of weather cancellation.

I told DA to come back in 2019........but he didn't apparently listen. 

So, I guess it's back to my previous pattern.........Lisle [better line-up IMO w/ Cadets & SCV] &/or Dekalb TofC [although Mandarins are there...] 5 out of 8 corps are at both shows.

You beat me to it.  Does anyone know what happened with the Midwest Regional from last year?  It was great taking a trip down to St. Louis, and it seemed very well attended.

July 9

Mill Creek High School

Hoschton, GA

YES! An outdoor show within 2 hours of my house! Thank you Drum Corps Gods!

4 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

You beat me to it.  Does anyone know what happened with the Midwest Regional from last year?  It was great taking a trip down to St. Louis, and it seemed very well attended.

Never mind - scheduling conflict.  It helps if you actually read the article instead of just looking at the schedule 😀.

Hope it returns for 2020.

Edited by Quad Aces

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Hampton Roads VA.   Had annual show here regularly until the current San Antonio - Atlanta - Allentown - Indy rut.

Closest is Annapolis which is 200 mile drive each way (not far as crow flies, but gotta get over Chesapeake Bay & a bunch of rivers & there are only limited routes.  Although it would only be 100 miles on a jet ski.  hmmm....)

Ah... I gotcha.  I live near Winchester, VA, so I usually take a bunch of my students up to the Annapolis show.  If you do decide to take the jet ski up, let me know! You can sit in the nosebleed section with us! 😄 lol

• Thanks 1

Actually, I meant ear-bleed.... right in the front on the 30s (in front of whatever speaker monstrosity the corps bring).