2019 Tour Schedule!

3 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Saddest part for me is that Open Class Championships are no longer in Michigan City. What a great venue that has been for that event for almost a decade. Was there a scheduling conflict? Contract with the venue expired? A simple desire to be closer to Indy?

Idk background info, and I agree the Michigan City stadium is a fantastic venue. We watched Bluecoats rehearse in the IWU stadium last year and it’s also a great stadium/set up with great space for an activity like this. 

• Like 1

Lots of great shows this coming year.  Whitewater has its best lineup in decades,  Crowns August home show has the top 8.  Atlanta once again has all World Class corps in a fantastic stadium.  Thank you DCI for a great schedule of shows.   

• Like 1

Some Items of Note:

• July 13 is the first date when all 22 World Class corps compete on the same day. The others are July 20, July 27, and August 8.

• Excluding the impact of Oregon Crusaders & Pioneer, there are a total of 26 fewer World Class corps performances in 2019 than 2018.

• The average number of performances per corps in 2018 was 26; in 2019, it is 25.

• Boston Crusaders decrease the most from 30 to 25 followed by Blue Knights (27 to 23) and Crossmen (28 to 24).

• Music City increases the most from 21 to 24. No other corps increased by more than 1 show.

• The Cadets will appear in the most shows at 30 followed by Blue Stars and Bluecoats at 29.

• Seattle Cascades will appear in the fewest shows at 18 followed by Jersey Surf at 20.

• Blue Knights is the final 2019 finalist to debut on June 28.

• Last year’s medalists will compete head-to-head for the first time July 16 in Broken Arrow, OK.

• The best June indicator of potential placements will be June 29 when all but two corps are in action (Jersey Surf and Seattle Cascades).

For anyone interested in seeing a grid version of the schedule with total show tallies by corps and date, you can access it here.

Edited by DrumCorpsRadio
Updated with DCI schedule changes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

21 minutes ago, DrumCorpsRadio said:

Blue Knights is the final 2019 finalist to debut on June 28.

I find it very interesting that they cut their entire NorCal tour.

1 hour ago, F15_22 said:

Idk background info, and I agree the Michigan City stadium is a fantastic venue. We watched Bluecoats rehearse in the IWU stadium last year and it’s also a great stadium/set up with great space for an activity like this. 

No Michigan City show at all this year.  Looks like Cavies moved it to Michigan.   Goodbye historic Ames field.  

3 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

What about Mason?  CT will be there...and BLOO!

I can’t get down there this year but I will catch CT in Zionsville, Indiana.  I’ll be at CT open house this Sunday, too.  I’m going to see Bloo at Lisle and Dekalb. Both super close to the crib.