2019 Tour Schedule!

Texting on the CTA is oodles of fun!

Rockford, Lisle, Whitewater, DeKalb, Allentown, and Indianapolis Finals night.  

All typos fixed before pressing submit!

8 hours ago, ouooga said:

Wow, Cavaliers coming out west! (not sure if we already knew that)

I wonder if it is time for DCI to stop sending Midwest-Eastern corps out west. There was a time when DCI needed some help in numbers for their western lineups.  I don’t think that’s an issue anymore. 

8 hours ago, gak27 said:

Late-season Massillon show moving to U of Akron stadium! :tic:  Same lineup as last year PLUS addition of Phantom.  Yet again, a fabulous lineup heading into Championship Week AND makes my drive much shorter...

Much larger concourses to handle the crowds, that's for sure...

I saw in the  news arcticle that the TOC Is at Akron Infocision. Yet, within DCI’s schedule, the Aug 5th show is Massillon.

BTW - I was hoping that DCI would improve the user experience for their schedule - NOPE .  Their old  schedule format was much better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I saw in the  news arcticle that the TOC Is at Akron Infocision. Yet, within DCI’s schedule, the Aug 5th show is Massillon.

BTW - I was hoping that DCI would improve the user experience for their schedule - NOPE .  Their old  schedule format was much better. 

It’s so clunky.  I give up after three or four pages and tell Jim to look at it for me. :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Too bad - new Ames Field is one of the best venues in all DCI (old Ames not so much.  But I was there in 1980 when SOA supposedly broke the window in pressbox.  But that is a different story).

Knowing the old Ames Field, I sincerely doubt they ever spent money on putting glass in the pressbox in the first place. :27_sunglasses:  

5 hours ago, DrumCorpsRadio said:

For anyone interested in seeing a grid version of the schedule with total show tallies by corps and date, you can access it here.

That spreadsheet is fantastic! Thanks for building and posting!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DrumCorpsRadio said:

Some Items of Note:

• July 13 is the first date when all 23 World Class corps compete on the same day. The others are July 20, July 27, and August 8.

• Excluding the impact of Pioneer, there are a total of 36 fewer World Class corps performances in 2019 than 2018.

• The average number of performances per corps in 2018 was 26; in 2019, it is 24.

• Boston Crusaders decrease the most from 30 to 25 followed by Crossmen (28 to 24), Genesis (24 to 20), and Spirit of Atlanta (27 to 23).

• Music City increases the most from 21 to 24.

• The Cadets will appear in the most shows at 29.

• Seattle Cascades will appear in the fewest shows at 18.

• Blue Knights is the final 2019 finalist to debut on June 28.

• Last year’s medalists will compete head-to-head for the first time July 16 in Broken Arrow, OK.

• The best June indicator of potential placements will be June 29 when all but three corps are in action (Jersey Surf, Oregon Crusaders, Seattle Cascades).

For anyone interested in seeing a grid version of the schedule with total show tallies by corps and date, you can access it here.

Nice job on the spreadsheet.  I think it is missing Orlando on July 6th for Crown, right?

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Nice job on the spreadsheet.  I think it is missing Orlando on July 6th for Crown, right?

Thank you! Fixed.

• Thanks 1