Pacific Crest 2019 - Everglow

First time seeing the show live. Awesome job!!!! Can't wait till Indy!

• Like 2

Your rendition of the theme from CHINATOWN blows me away!! Not only does it remind me of the more melodic days of drum corps but the tune itself has changes that a musician can appreciate..Well done..keep getting better!

4 minutes ago, c.l. said:

What are the chances this year if passing Academy and/or Colts? Last night’s was close.

Right now, they must either Score 2.150 more than Colts; OR they must score more than 2.938 more than Academy in Allentown to make the Big Loud Live show.  

They may pass them on any show by outscoring either Colts or Academy.  Right up to and including Semi-Finals.

How likely is that? No one can say.  It depends on how fast PC improves relative to Colts/Academy.  All three have excellent shows and the competition is only one thing to focus on.  They are all presenting shows that the audience likes, and all of the MMs are having the time of their lives performing to the best of their ability.

Enjoy them all.  And rejoice with their performances.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, c.l. said:

What are the chances this year if passing Academy and/or Colts? Last night’s was close.

They go head to head with The Academy twice on Monday and Tuesday and then back to back with Colts in Allentown on Saturday.  This week is their best chance to get direct comparisons and overtake one or both.  

Making the cinecast is probably out of the question given how much they’d have to beat either by which sucks because that would be the perfect show to start with, but I feel like with how their scores are trending they might be very happy at where they end up on Friday in Indy.  

And even if they stay right where they are, that’s a win too.  I personally think this is their best show they’ve ever designed.  I really hope this is a springboard to keep moving up.  There is a ton of talent in Cali and this show would make me want to march there if I was still under 21.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 6

Maybe I am just a sucker for really well designed shows performed at a high level, but I think the judges are caught off guard by how well this production is designed and some unfortunately do not have the experience with amplification and electronics to take into account that those aspects of their show compare to the skill levels of the top 6. That said, they have much more going for them than just the electronic engineering and incredible musical balance throughout the music ensemble. For me, I  think this is clearly 13th, and not close. I do not know how the on-fleld skills hold up to any detail, but from the stands, it looks and sounds top 12.