Pacific Crest 2019 - Everglow

2 hours ago, Tony L. said:

So here's what stinks.  I do not think that this show will be on the prelims broadcast.  Such a shame if it is not.  This could be like Crossmen 1992.  Finish in 6th, but not be in the full broadcast.  Always wondered how the impact of being in the broadcast could have affected the Crossmen course.

Out of curiosity, why were the Crossmen not on the broadcast?

Because the broadcast was limited to a live show for the Top 6.  They (I think) entered Finals in 7th.  And then moved up to finish 6th in Finals.  Would have been huge for things like recruiting for the whole show to have been broadcast live.  Would have made them "elite".

YES PAC CREST YEA!!!!!!! Cali represent. Laying the bricks for 4 Cali corps dominating finals in the near future. So proud of you Pac Crest. Cali stand up!!!!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

I would absolutely die if PC shot up 3 points and made Finals. Hell, I never even expected 14th!!!! A pipe dream, of course, but the corps has already come so far this season, why not????

Well they took no prisoners tonight.  But Finals is not in the cards.  The key should be to keep their place and build on that score.  If they do, they set a new record high score, no?  Either way, this show and performance reminds me of the Mandarins two years ago -- the year they just missed Finals.  Great year, but you just could see the future.  I think this year could be key to them taking that next step!  Just love them this year.

• Like 1

Just now, Tony L. said:

Well they took no prisoners tonight.  But Finals is not in the cards.  The key should be to keep their place and build on that score.  If they do, they set a new record high score, no?  Either way, this show and performance reminds me of the Mandarins two years ago -- the year they just missed Finals.  Great year, but you just could see the future.  I think this year could be key to them taking that next step!  Just love them this year.

I know I know I know ; ) but a guy can dream, until tomorrow. Although I truly wouldn't want any of the top 12 to fall out. 

• Like 2

I talked with the staff briefly yesterday after they performed. They said PC was caught in the rain during warmups, so they went on and did the best they could. 

Which was pretty awesome. Hoping for just as great tonight!