Pacific Crest 2019 - Everglow

Just stop by to say I'm nuts about the show!! Seeing it on FLO, professionally shot and a great angle instead of the usual YouTube bootleg....absolutely love it. Such a terrific design! And the kids are selling the hell out of it. It's great seeing PacCrest rise up a bit through the ranks again. Best of luck the rest of the season --- I can't wait to see where this show & corps ends up in August!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

I so badly want to see this show in the theaters.  Easily in my top three for the year.

Anybody know if they lost some cymbals along the way? I know they said they wanted 10 at the beginning of the season, but I remember seeing eight earlier on and only six last night.

I heard 10, too.  I don't know the reason for the change. 

11 hours ago, Musicman1084 said:

I so badly want to see this show in the theaters.  Easily in my top three for the year.

Anybody know if they lost some cymbals along the way? I know they said they wanted 10 at the beginning of the season, but I remember seeing eight earlier on and only six last night.

I agree wholeheartedly. Such wonderful pacing throughout. I can’t stop listening to this show. I think it’s better constructed than Colts and Academy but those two groups are performing better right now.  I’m hoping this show can catch one of them to make it to the big screen.  

I know it's been said a few times, but what a show this year.  I'd have to sit down and think on it but that is at least in my top 5 favorite shows from this year.  The music has a ton of variety and energy with great solo and ensemble moments, the color scheme and costuming work really well with each other, the props work better live than I expected them to, the drill is high energy and staged very well, etc.  I don't have anything bad to say about this show.  I was really sad when I noticed this wouldn't be one I saw twice live.  

Keep doing what you're doing.  Crowd in San Antonio noticed big time.  

• Like 4

Several judges had them close to Spirit last night and one judge had them over Spirit in a sub caption. 14th maybe?

When I saw this show early on Flo Marching I knew it was going to be my favorite Pacific Crest show thus far....the energy and design is excellent.  I hope they can somehow work their way into the top 15 as I would love to see it at the movie theater on the big screen.

• Like 2

Sad that this will most likely be missing the Prelims theater broadcast cut, but happy for all the progress they've made this season and will continue to make through Semifinals. I think this corps will be our next first-time Finalist!

• Like 3