Pioneer News From The Top – November 19th

Went to the site and it was awesome to see they still vote for prettiest girl and most handsome boy in the corps.  Sarcasm off.

Edited by cage
  • Sad 2

“Gives .05 of eligible you make” wth is that in English?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, cage said:

Went to the site and it was awesome to see they still vote for prettiest girl and most handsome boy in the corps.  Sarcasm off.

OMG!  Wow!

Congrats to the pretty people, I guess?  I don't know what bothers me more, the fact that they actually vote on this, or the fact that they call the female version "prettiest girl" and the male version "most handsome male".  Ah, the vestiges of a by-gone era!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

“Gives .05 of eligible you make” wth is that in English?

That's Engrish Jim. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

That's Engrish Jim. 

Ain’t Pennsylvania German... donner weter...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cage said:

Crazy. I was looking for the corps clown category. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cage said:

I think it would be OK, as long as they balance it out By also voting for ugliest girl and least handsome male.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

Crazy. I was looking for the corps clown category. 

well that would be a former ( so he claims staff member) banned from most drum corps websites and facebook pages, not excluding his own.

and there's so much fail here that well, can anyone say they are surprised?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewToPosting said:

OMG!  Wow!

Congrats to the pretty people, I guess?  I don't know what bothers me more, the fact that they actually vote on this, or the fact that they call the female version "prettiest girl" and the male version "most handsome male".  Ah, the vestiges of a by-gone era!

It sounds more a high school activity. I can’t imagine a bygone era in drum corps where you would vote for the most handsome male and prettiest girl. Perhaps it happened. The bygone era was known for toughness and grit, and the directors I know from that time would have loved the opportunity to wipe the pretty boy face off the most handsome male and dashed the beauty queen dreams of the prettiest girl. 

I hope that high school superlatives are not true. I was voted most disorganized. Everyone thought it was funny and appropriate, except my parents and I will cut them slack since they had to live with me!