Pioneer News From The Top – November 19th

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

It sounds more a high school activity. I can’t imagine a bygone era in drum corps where you would vote for the most handsome male and prettiest girl. Perhaps it happened. The bygone era was known for toughness and grit, and the directors I know from that time would have loved the opportunity to wipe the pretty boy face off the most handsome male and dashed the beauty queen dreams of the prettiest girl.

I don't know why I have the ending scene of Dirty Dancing going through my mind now.

At the alumni meeting RB covered 2018 events and financial for 2019. Kind of like saying the person responsible for a train wreck will tell you what really happened. And financial for 2019... yeah he’s really stepping back...

2 hours ago, NewToPosting said:

OMG!  Wow!

Congrats to the pretty people, I guess?  I don't know what bothers me more, the fact that they actually vote on this, or the fact that they call the female version "prettiest girl" and the male version "most handsome male".  Ah, the vestiges of a by-gone era!

The last time i remember that happening was 1973.  Good Lord.  Smh. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

The last time i remember that happening was 1973.  Good Lord.  Smh. 

We never had that in the Westshoremen. We had the "Thoroughbred Posterior" award, though. :biggrin:

And some guys used to try and get it. A couple would yell "Keep this one in mind for the Thoroughbred posterior!!!!" before they'd execute some rather amusing stunt.

Hmm, maybe Pio could take $$$ for votes on one of those and make some money. I'd dig into my pocket for that! I even have a hunch on who to vote for. :whistle:

Edited by BigW
idea
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

So Sue Blenski is still involved with the corps?  Doesn’t that mean that Roman by default is too?

He gave the 2019 financial report at the recent alumni meeting... so yep imo. Would be interesting to know which side of the RB fence the alumni at that meeting are on.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

58 minutes ago, BigW said:

Maybe Engrish. 

http://www.engrish.com/

One of my favorite sites, although it was down for a few days recently.

2 hours ago, BigW said:

We never had that in the Westshoremen. We had the "Thoroughbred Posterior" award, though. :biggrin:

And some guys used to try and get it. A couple would yell "Keep this one in mind for the Thoroughbred posterior!!!!" before they'd execute some rather amusing stunt.

Hmm, maybe Pio could take $$$ for votes on one of those and make some money. I'd dig into my pocket for that! I even have a hunch on who to vote for. :whistle:

We had these yearbooks and people were given awards.  I got one for something that I can’t remember but it was definitely not the prettiest girl. Probably band nerd award or something. 

• Like 1

Westshoremen would be “best acting like a psychotic” and “best not acting...” 

Always said of low brass “you may have been normal when you joined, but not when you left “. Mix of music majors, other college majors, high schoolers and blue collars to rev things up good.

• Like 2