Corps that have marched in the thanksgiving parade

What corps have done the macy's parade and the rose bowl parade and what years did they do it?

Macy's - Hawthorne Caballeros multiple times. NY Skyliners, too, I think.

I seem to remember seeing footage somewhere from way back in the day, 1950s-early '60s, somewhere around then... with the George Washington Carver Gay Blades from Newark, NJ, in the Macy's parade. I might have the wrong parade.

While not *exactly* on topic, a lot of WC/OC vets from SCV, BD,  Mandarins and other West Coast corps who attend Riverside City College will be marching tomorrow with the RCC Marching Tigers AKA “Blue Devils South” (look at their staff.)  Their DM was one of SCVC 2018s conductors and a number of the trumpets (including my son) are all DCI experienced as is a large portion of the battery which is really good. They got new uniforms for this gig; I would post a photo if I could as they are really cool. What is it with this website and not being able to post jpegs?

My kid did the 2017 Rose Parade with SCV and is on deck for Macy’s tomorrow with RCC; not a bad  2-year run on major parades. After Macy’s he’ll then fly straight from NYC to San Jose for SCV A-Corps auditions, fly back to school in Riverside, then I believe he heads to a Blue Stars audition the first weekend in December (at least I think that’s what he said.)  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRacer said:

While not *exactly* on topic, a lot of WC/OC vets from SCV, BD,  Mandarins and other West Coast corps who attend Riverside City College will be marching tomorrow with the RCC Marching Tigers AKA “Blue Devils South” (look at their staff.)  Their DM was one of SCVC 2018s conductors and a number of the trumpets (including my son) are all DCI experienced as is a large portion of the battery which is really good. They got new uniforms for this gig; I would post a photo if I could as they are really cool. What is it with this website and not being able to post jpegs?

My kid did the 2017 Rose Parade with SCV and is on deck for Macy’s tomorrow with RCC; not a bad  2-year run on major parades. After Macy’s he’ll then fly straight from NYC to San Jose for SCV A-Corps auditions, fly back to school in Riverside, then I believe he heads to a Blue Stars audition the first weekend in December (at least I think that’s what he said.)  

Best of luck to your son! It may not get out of the 20's tomorrow, according to the weather I heard on the radio yesterday. 

10 hours ago, Northern Thunder said:

Hamm's Indians-- St. Paul, MN-- 65 Rose Parade

1st Canadian Regiment--Edmonton, ALB--82 Rose Parade

Casper Troopers--85 Rose Parade

Santa Clara Vanguard--2004 Rose Parade

Thought I read about Hamms but couldn’t remember thanks.

the old dncna (na is North America ) site has US Air Force Bolling Field Washington DC at Pasadena in 1956. 

Rhode Island Matadors around 1978 at Macys

Edited by JimF-LowBari