A Letter From The Phantom Regiment Executive Director

Dear friends, phamily, and phans, Welcome to another year-end! It’s time for us to close 2018 and look toward the future and decide “What’s Next” for us. Those words were the message used by our guest speaker, Robert Cawthorne, at our banquet this past August. Those words resonated not only with the young people in […]

View the full article

This letter is honest about the challenges the corps faces, realistic about the finances, and hopeful for the upcoming season, all pluses for potential donors. Let’s hope it becomes an action plan.

Read it as..."yay us we made dci finals again."  You are Phantom Regiment with 2 DCI championships...wow how they have lost focus.

4 hours ago, Sideways said:

Read it as..."yay us we made dci finals again."  You are Phantom Regiment with 2 DCI championships...wow how they have lost focus.

How is a letter that states the season was not as successful as they hope and there were more areas that need to be improved than areas that were successful a “Yay we made finals again?” To me, it acknowledged the need to improve while planning on moving forward. Now if this was how a board meeting or a design team meeting and this letter was a summary of the meeting, I would agree while heartedly with your belief PR has lost focus, but for the intended audience, it was fine.

I've been critical of the corps on the field, but as for off the field, this is a pretty honest letter

• Like 1

I'm not seeing it as unusual.  

I gave them a few hundred dollars in Sept, 2008 and every year since I've gotten an appeal that's something similar to this.

Crafting effective appeals for money takes more creativity over time.  I kind of feel immune after all these years, really.