Cadets Announce 85th Anniversary Alumni Corps

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So Maria/Tonight from 84,  App Spring from 87, Rocky Point a given... what else?

Elks’ Patade!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It would be impressive if they had a double column of brass.  A first one would think 🤔.

"Garfield Alumni Corps":

I believe there already IS an "Holy Name Cadets" Alumni drum corps.  Are they going to be a part of this undertaking?

Elphaba   :flower:

whatever they choose, they need to represent all eras. what tunes were they known for prior to the 80's? The JCS stuff where they sang Amen is all I really remember

47 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

whatever they choose, they need to represent all eras. what tunes were they known for prior to the 80's? The JCS stuff where they sang Amen is all I really remember

I remember The Cadets playing The Sinfonians a couple of years.  I like it because I remembered playing it in concert bands.  Horn solos. 😉

10 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

the WSS thing covers way back to the 60s so that has to be a part for sure

oh yeah and I wasn't discounting anything since the 80's. But I know in the alumni corps I was part of, at first everything was 90's based, yet we had a ton of 70's and 80's members who wanted their stuff played. it created some friction until a compromise was reached

I have two thoughts here.

one, they should look at what SCV did in 2017. They have a long history, though not as long as Cadets, and they did a tremendous job representing all of their history. There are other great examples such as 27th “Once More in 94” and Bridgemen who always managed to create the flavor of the corps, but I felt SCV did an impressive job representing all eras of their history.

Second, if you have the right folks, bringing people from as many eras as possible to brain storm could be of benefit. We’ve heard all sorts of stories over the years of alienated Cadets alumni due to a certain director. This can be a way of bringing people back. However, it has to be the right people facilitating. There are probably so many pent up feelings, it could easily go awry. Handled well, it could have great benefits. We have seen corps great at brining folks together and corps where tensions between the generations is very real.

• Like 2