You know you’re an old phart when...

20 hours ago, TRacer said:

My kid just returned from his looong weekend that started with flying from Southern Cal to NYC, doing the Macy’s Parade, flying back Friday to SCV A-corps auditions in San Jose which concluded Sunday afternoon, then flying home.

His report was positive on “...all three parts of the audition.” THREE parts, I asked? “Yes— music, marching & playing...and dance.”

His dad: :doh: Time for some Pennsylvania Dutch eggnog...

I assume by the title that you're a Phantom Phan Phart?

18 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ah yes ye olde “did you march with Jeff?”

”No I marched with his DAD”

and HE was a grizzled vet when you were a rookie LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

and HE was a grizzled vet when you were a rookie LOL

Hey... I kept telling Wally there was a timpani opening with the alumni corps. :laughing:  He said timpani was my job.  LOL

Fortunately for the alumni corps, neither one of us ended up playing those things. :tongue:

19 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Hey... I kept telling Wally there was a timpani opening with the alumni corps. :laughing:  He said timpani was my job.  LOL

Fortunately for the alumni corps, neither one of us ended up playing those things. :tongue:

he's still "if you can't carry it you can't play it" LOL

• Like 1

This old Phart is going to New York next year to watch his daughter march in the Macy’s parade. As for myself, I’d love to go to one of the Regiment home shows and play with the alumni corps. (There was a FB teaser that we’d be playing music from the ‘89 show next summer, which would die to play.) Only problem is, I don’t have a horn and the last note I played was in the ‘94 after Finals parking lot run through at Foxboro. 

36 minutes ago, year1buick said:

This old Phart is going to New York next year to watch his daughter march in the Macy’s parade. As for myself, I’d love to go to one of the Regiment home shows and play with the alumni corps. (There was a FB teaser that we’d be playing music from the ‘89 show next summer, which would die to play.) Only problem is, I don’t have a horn and the last note I played was in the ‘94 after Finals parking lot run through at Foxboro. 

It comes back quicker than you think.