You know you’re an old phart when...

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m older than you, old man.  😂 

I knew I was getting older when a few years ago on a FB drum corps thread, someone referred to the 1990s as  "back in the day."  :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"...someone referred to the 1990s as  "back in the day. "

True story:

Several years ago, a young woman approached me at a concert and said, " You don't know me, but you taught my father."

Oy Vey! A few feet away, grinning like the proverbial Cheshire Cat, stood George De Old (yes, his real name), Garfield mellophone, class of 1970.

And he looked, well, old. I felt like Methuselah's uncle.

I hasten to point out that he aged out that year and was but a few months younger than me. Still...Holy FM 22-5, Batman!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

as a relative youngster at only 49, i have now judged the kids of people i taught, taught with or marched with.

thanks God for marrying late and having a 6 year old....keeps me young

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

as a relative youngster at only 49, i have now judged the kids of people i taught, taught with or marched with.

thanks God for marrying late and having a 6 year old....keeps me young

I don’t feel so bad having a kid at 40 now!

4 hours ago, Sideways said:

I don’t feel so bad having a kid at 40 now!

she came to us when i was 43.

and i quickly realized she'd be an only because i couldnt see going through that lack of sleep again and being older....plus it was during the biggest refi boom in the history of lending. I lived on coffee and 2 hours sleep at a pop for 5 months

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

she came to us when i was 43.

and i quickly realized she'd be an only because i couldnt see going through that lack of sleep again and being older....plus it was during the biggest refi boom in the history of lending. I lived on coffee and 2 hours sleep at a pop for 5 months

I know age is a number and my general health and energy level is much better than a typical 40 year old...plan is to still be doing Ironman in my 60s!

6 hours ago, Sideways said:

I know age is a number and my general health and energy level is much better than a typical 40 year old...plan is to still be doing Ironman in my 60s!

a newborn, and especially teething will test you.