YEA suspends operations of Cadets 2

I feel bad for the all the returning corps members and kids who paid $150 for the November audition camp.   Is it too late to put stop payment on the $125 donation I made to C2 yesterday on "Giving Tuesday"?

Edited by ykw
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, ykw said:

I feel bad for the all the returning corps members and kids who paid $150 for the November audition camp.   Is it too late to put stop payment on the $125 donation I made to C2 yesterday on "Giving Tuesday"?

Oh Wow...

This is only the surface of Hopkins Gate I suspect

Not good news for DCA, to say the least.

Great corps, with entertaining programs. 

Big loss.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Reading the statement...it explains why C2's fees/dues/added up costs were about twice or well over twice the costs for members of anyone else in DCA.

The shame of it is to me that after they battled for the first few seasons, they really seemed to have hit the mark and were quite good at the end.

• Like 1

This surprised me.  I guess my sources who said C2 was here to stay in spite of all the turmoil were all off. 3 months ago YEA! had a 300k deficit now it is 600k  based on that it makes sense, though I don't think C2 at this point was a financial drain on the organization.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ykw said:

So I am estimating they got $25K for Audition camp in November know this was on the horizon?? That might be fraud. 

4 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

This surprised me.  I guess my sources who said C2 was here to stay in spite of all the turmoil were all off. 3 months ago YEA! had a 300k deficit now it is 600k  based on that it makes sense, though I don't think C2 at this point was a financial drain on the organization.

well the lawsuits just publicized probably added to it. The thing that bothers me is it never says if C2 comes back if the ship is righted.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well the lawsuits just publicized probably added to it. The thing that bothers me is it never says if C2 comes back if the ship is righted.

Probably not to DCA.    Perhaps open class?      No idea, just speculating.