YEA suspends operations of Cadets 2

39 minutes ago, ykw said:

I feel bad for the all the returning corps members and kids who paid $150 for the November audition camp.   Is it too late to put stop payment on the $125 donation I made to C2 yesterday on "Giving Tuesday"?

Very poor timing!!!!!  No way was this decision was made in the last 12 hours. Bleed all you can out of it then SUDDENLY shut it down?????

19 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

This surprised me.  I guess my sources who said C2 was here to stay in spite of all the turmoil were all off. 3 months ago YEA! had a 300k deficit now it is 600k  based on that it makes sense, though I don't think C2 at this point was a financial drain on the organization.

The $600 K is more related to the lower participation in US Bands this fall and the losses from that cash cow

28 minutes ago, ykw said:

Probably not to DCA.    Perhaps open class?      No idea, just speculating.

no money there. In fact DCA could probably be a better financial option. 

• 97,922 posts
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hope you’re right about the money and it allows C2 to come back. Now do people see the alumni project and think how it affected C2?

seperate question: how much of a feeder was C2 for both members and staff 

look....as much as this sucks, remember, YEA is and has always been all about one thing:

The Holy Name Garfield Cadets of Bergen County Sponsored by YEA ( did I miss a name in there?)

why was USBands and all of its previous names changed to avoid creditors set up? to raise funds and recruit for the Cadets.

Why was C2, CWG and CWP set up? to help recruit and train for the Cadets. 

I'm not saying any of this to knock the Cadets or YEA. There was logic in the move to create all of those groups. Sadly there was just #### poor management, internal strife, and now lawsuits and criminal actions that were involved along the way. 

41 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well the lawsuits just publicized probably added to it. The thing that bothers me is it never says if C2 comes back if the ship is righted.

Also unsure if they felt it was necessary, or really part of their brand or a good fit for the future, Jeff. That also seemed to be insinuated.

14 minutes ago, BigW said:

Also unsure if they felt it was necessary, or really part of their brand or a good fit for the future, Jeff. That also seemed to be insinuated.

C2 had its management challenges, but it was 1/10th of the budget. Now....with control, could that number have been reduced?

I get the business angle. But sometimes contraction is not as good as advertised.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely...and the innocents will bear the costs. 

Sincerely hope our friends in C2 (and Cadets) can soldier on...drum corps needs them. 

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

C2 had its management challenges, but it was 1/10th of the budget. Now....with control, could that number have been reduced?

I get the business angle. But sometimes contraction is not as good as advertised.

I'm not sure C2 was 10% of the budget.  I read from the announcement that the $600k deficit represented 10% of the total budget (i.e., $6 million).

1 minute ago, ykw said:

I'm not sure C2 was 10% of the budget.  I read from the announcement that the $600k deficit represented 10% of the total budget (i.e., $6 million).

ah my bad. But DCA corps arent the money makers everyone assumes, especially with the previous management style

Something tells me that Cadets is going to have a real hard time with Donations over the road this summer. Its not going to be easy on them with all this uncertainty. I know they are pinning hopes on the Alumni corps to feed them but that is only going to bring in so much $$$ per marching member. You would need each Alumni to write a check for $10 K each to scratch the surface. 

• Like 1