YEA suspends operations of Cadets 2

6 hours ago, ykw said:

Which was I speculated that if YEA ever decides to field another corps, it would be as Open Class, not through DCA.

Considering all that's happened, I'd doubt that YEA (with emphasis on the Y) would be likely to associate again with an all-age activity.

Perhaps... It could also be an expense issue. Given that BDB and Vanguard Cadets have scaled back, it's obviously not cheap to run an OC corps along with your WC organization.

13 hours ago, CV Driver said:

Absolute power corrupts absolutely...and the innocents will bear the costs. 

Sincerely hope our friends in C2 (and Cadets) can soldier on...drum corps needs them. 

The C2 members will find other places that can and will be fulfilling if that's what they're looking for. If they think the "Cadets Experience" is the only one worth having, I feel bad for them.

Edited by BigW
Spelling
  • Like 4

It was set up to be a feeder. Then, they came out good. Really you look at the placements from 2012-2018, only one other corps stayed in the top 6 annually during that time every year...Bucs, whose only title loss in that time was C2. Now I do know when it came to organization, C2 was an afterthought, especially as the season began administratively. The huge win for C2 was bringing in Rich Templin. Let's face it, Hop wasn't popular in DCA circles, and early on created some firestorms. the corps was welcomed however, and bringing Rich in gave C2 a tried and true DCA person known and trusted by all. Sadly Rich took the hit when everything exploded last April, and unfairly. He did right by the corps. He was especially helpful in getting the design team to understand what can and cant work on a DCA schedule. 

C2 does not get enough credit for the impact they made on DCA. They forced others to step up their game in many ways, and they influenced the on field product in several as well. I again get the business reasons. But it sucks. Big. And getting rained out last July didn't help them at all financially.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BigW said:

The C2 members will find other places that can and will be fulfilling if that's what they're looking for. If they think the "Cadets Experience" is the only one worth having, I feel bad for them.

A Brilliant move to attract members from C2 would be to offer the members that PAID the $150 camp fee back in November $150 off Dues for 2019. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BigW said:

I wrote off my 45$ ticket I pre purchased as a donation. :unhappy:

true. but walk up traffic was destroyed. 

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

It was set up to be a feeder. Then, they came out good. Really you look at the placements from 2012-2018, only one other corps stayed in the top 6 annually during that time every year...Bucs, whose only title loss in that time was C2. Now I do know when it came to organization, C2 was an afterthought, especially as the season began administratively. The huge win for C2 was bringing in Rich Templin. Let's face it, Hop wasn't popular in DCA circles, and early on created some firestorms. the corps was welcomed however, and bringing Rich in gave C2 a tried and true DCA person known and trusted by all. Sadly Rich took the hit when everything exploded last April, and unfairly. He did right by the corps. He was especially helpful in getting the design team to understand what can and cant work on a DCA schedule. 

C2 does not get enough credit for the impact they made on DCA. They forced others to step up their game in many ways, and they influenced the on field product in several as well. I again get the business reasons. But it sucks. Big. And getting rained out last July didn't help them at all financially.

I agree with most of this - Actually, though, weren't there two other corps who were in the top six all of those years you listed? I'm certain of at least one, but I THINK I remember that our friends from Atlanta also were. . .

28 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

I agree with most of this - Actually, though, weren't there two other corps who were in the top six all of those years you listed? I'm certain of at least one, but I THINK I remember that our friends from Atlanta also were. . .

Looks like Cabs every year since 2012, and CV every year since 2013.  "Historical scores" section on the DCA website.

• Like 2