YEA suspends operations of Cadets 2

3 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Looks like Cabs every year since 2012, and CV every year since 2013.  "Historical scores" section on the DCA website.

"Longevity":

Caballeros in Finals EVERY YEAR since 1966!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     ❤️

Elphaba      :flower:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Looks like Cabs every year since 2012, and CV every year since 2013.  "Historical scores" section on the DCA website.

Dind, ding, ding! We have a winner!

I owe you a:guinesssmilie:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grenadasmoothie said:

I agree with most of this - Actually, though, weren't there two other corps who were in the top six all of those years you listed? I'm certain of at least one, but I THINK I remember that our friends from Atlanta also were. . .

Atlanta was 8th in 2012. MBI was 9th in 17 and not there this year. But I did miss Cabs...i thought they were 7th this year, not 6th. So Bucs, Cabs and C2...and C2 is the only one not Bucs to win in that stretch

6 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

but i was going since 12. I however forgot Cabs were 6th this past season. I remembered them as 7th

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

but i was going since 12. I however forgot Cabs were 6th this past season. I remembered them as 7th

They well might have been 7th. White Sabers were pretty daggone good for 7th this year. Another one of those in the conversation for that crazy "best 7th place ever" conversation we had awhile ago.

i do see a lot of kids mad they paid for the last camp when this probably was in the works. To me, that's where the most damage was done. Kids that did C2 were intensely loyal to C2, and not just the Cadets as a whole. I know back in the Crossmen in YEA days the joke was "You Eat After", but C2 had a rep of exceeding on hand me downs of every kind and wearing it like a badge of honor. From reading posts in many places, they feel angry and used for that $150 the other week.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i do see a lot of kids mad they paid for the last camp when this probably was in the works. To me, that's where the most damage was done. Kids that did C2 were intensely loyal to C2, and not just the Cadets as a whole. I know back in the Crossmen in YEA days the joke was "You Eat After", but C2 had a rep of exceeding on hand me downs of every kind and wearing it like a badge of honor. From reading posts in many places, they feel angry and used for that $150 the other week.

Within hours of the announcement on Wednesday, I believe those who came to the November camp to audition for C2 received an email with options of 1) requesting a partial refund or 2) coming to the December camp to audition for Cadets.  Those who have already paid for the December camp can request a full refund.

Actually, I think where the damage was done stems from what the kids heard last season the few times a YEA board member came to a C2 show -- "unity", "the rumors that C2 will be disbanded are false", "you are all Cadets" -- it all rings hollow today.

If Doug Rutherford or anyone else on the YEA board has made a video specifically addressing the C2 members, staff and volunteers to thank them for all their hard work and commitment to excellence, and that they will be missed -- well, I must have missed it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ykw said:

Within hours of the announcement on Wednesday, I believe those who came to the November camp to audition for C2 received an email with options of 1) requesting a partial refund or 2) coming to the December camp to audition for Cadets.  Those who have already paid for the December camp can request a full refund.

Actually, I think where the damage was done stems from what the kids heard last season the few times a YEA board member came to a C2 show -- "unity", "the rumors that C2 will be disbanded are false", "you are all Cadets" -- it all rings hollow today.

If Doug Rutherford or anyone else on the YEA board has made a video specifically addressing the C2 members, staff and volunteers to thank them for all their hard work and commitment to excellence, and that they will be missed -- well, I must have missed it.

Nope. I saw the video on facebook, but it didn't go there. some ticked off kids who feel they were led astray. i realize times can change, and I get the reasons why....but IMO, when CWP went down, the same kind of attitude persisted and few of those kids stuck with the organization

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope the C2 members that live near NJ go over to Cabs, Bucs or Bush!

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 5:37 PM, elphaba01 said:

"Longevity":

Caballeros in Finals EVERY YEAR since 1966!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     ❤️

Elphaba      :flower:

Could be wrong here... but I'm pretty sure the Cabs,  C2, and the SF Renegades are the only corps to make DCA finals (top 10) every year they've been there.

Of course, the Cabs have had a slightly longer run than the other two corps.  :laughing:

• Like 1