YEA suspends operations of Cadets 2 and Lays off 9 Employees

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Even though Cadet 2000 posted this news in the Cadets 2019 thread earlier, this thread might allow the other thread to be about the upcoming year for the Cadets.

Good idea.  I know they're a DCA corps, but with obvious ties to a DCI group.

Imagine DCI losing a headliner like SCV, BD, Crown, Bluecoats.  That, IMO, is what this is like for DCA.  A headliner corps... now gone.

And IMO, C2 has put entertaining programs on the field every year. Programs I could "get" without needing a doctorate in something.  LOL. That, again in my opinion, is what DCA is supposed to be all about... "fan-friendly" shows.  C2 delivered on that front.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

YEA is doing this so they have enough funds and assets for their Anniversary project.

Smart  move? (NOT) Sacrifice the ONLY successful part of your organization over the last 5 years

8 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

YEA is doing this so they have enough funds and assets for their Anniversary project.

Smart  move? (NOT) Sacrifice the ONLY successful part of your organization over the last 5 years

C2 was 1/10th of their operating budget.  Hardly the only successful part of the organization.  

12 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

Sorry, but Cadets and USB haven’t been at all successful in your eyes??

That aside, Cadets are THE integral component of the organization, if you have to lose a limb, even an important one, to save the patient, then start chopping 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

shame is it never says if C2 could come back down the road.

Heh... I didn't know it at the time, but it turns out C2 was the last corps I announced as DCA champion, in 2016.

That night, it certainly didn't seem that both of us would be gone from DCA now.  LOL.

• Like 2

Just now, George Dixon said:

Sorry, but Cadets and USB haven’t been at all successful in your eyes??

That aside, Cadets are THE integral component of the organization, if you have to lose a limb, even and important one, to save the patient then start chopping 

George, I agree... as much as I hate to see C2 go. They were a great asset to DCA.

The hierarchy/priority, from the day Holy Name was founded in the 1930s,  has always been 1) Cadets. 2) Everything else. And when the "everything else" includes the band circuit that has been the chief fundraiser for the organization... well... it's a reasonable assumption that the circuit is higher up on the "everything else" ladder than was/is C2.

• Like 1